350 Jaws Micro Mag
400 Jaws Micro Mag

Are these ctges scarce?
Value please
Thanks
JP

I paid about

[quote=“Armourer”]I paid about

What cases are these cartridge built from?

They are based on a .45 ACP case, though I have heard some say it is a .45 Winchester Magnum case.

On the old Forum, there was a thread about these cartridges. The case used in development was the .45 Winchester Magnum case. The fact is, all the specimens I have seen were from new brass made by Quality Cartridge Company, and headstamped with the caliber and “MICRO MAG.” (Example: .400 JAWS MICRO MAG). The caliber appears at the top and “MICRO MAG” at the bottom.

JAWS stands for Jordan Arms and Weapons System, which is part of the Design and Development Bureau of Jordan, founded (decreed) by King Abdullah II Bin Al Hussein, King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, on 24 August 1999. The “MICRO MAG” must refer to the series of cartridges, as it is not the name of the company that designed the rounds or the company that made them.

These cartridges may well become scarce again in the future, but up until recently, they were available from an American Cartridge Dealer, Gary Reusze, at a very reasonable price per round. I forget what it was, but it was what you would pay for a common cartridge having the privilege to buy a single round and not having to buy a whole box - perhaps a couple of bucks apiece.

I have seen nothing recently about any further “hype” on these cartridges or the Jordanian pistol, the “VIPER” made for them. The VIPER is a double-action auto developed by Wildy Moore (Wildey Arms). The cartridges were actually designed by Andy Hill of Hawk Bullet Company, with the assistance of Pete Cardona of Quality Cartridge Company. Evidently the first rounds were made up on .45 Winchester Magnum brass. Whether it is still an active development or not, I simply don’t know. If it is a “dead duck” then these rounds will become pretty desireable in the future, I would suppose.

Much of the information presented here is from a fine article on this subject by Ed Reynolds, certainly one of the most knowledgeable people in our shooting and collecting fraternity, that appeared in Bulletin 215, fourth quarter of 2005, R.S.A.C.C.A,