Jayanden

I got this empty case a while ago & it looks a lot like the drawing in the IAA journal in the article by Tony Williams. I was wondering if it is indeed this item? It looks remarkably similar, however, the hole pattern is opposite to that of the picture in the article.

Hi Will

I think you are mixing your Tonys up! It was me, Tony Edwards, not Tony Williams that wrote the IAA article about Burney and showed the Jayanden drawing.

I don’t know how you made that mistake, I am the good looking one! We were chatting in Holland at the ECRA meet.

On a more serious note, I think your case is certainly a Jayanden and I don’t see much difference from the drawing. for those who do not have the article to hand, here is the drawing.

Regards
TonyE

Sorry Tony, you are quite right, I am mixing the two of you up, my apologies. I was going to send you an email directly about it but I thought it might be of interest to other collectors as well. Thanks for the reply.

[quote=“TonyE”]Hi Will

I think you are mixing your Tonys up! It was me, Tony Edwards, not Tony Williams that wrote the IAA article about Burney and showed the Jayanden drawing.

I don’t know how you made that mistake, I am the good looking one! [/quote]

Will, I’d be careful of trusting anything TonyE tells you - he’s obviously prone to delusions! ;-)

Gents, what was the actual caliber of this weapon? Do any images exist of the projectiles and the weapon?

[quote=“TonyWilliams”][quote=“TonyE”]Hi Will

I don’t know how you made that mistake, I am the good looking one! [/quote]

Will, I’d be careful of trusting anything TonyE tells you - he’s obviously prone to delusions! ;-)[/quote]

OOOh! touche!

EOD - The Jayanden was part of the early trials of the Burney recoiless rifle. Nothing is known of it except this Kynoch drawing. It was the precursor of the 7mm Broadway Trust round (there was a 6.5mm round also). My article in the IAA Journal showed these rounds and the patent drawing for the rifle.

I can post the pictures that appeared in the article here if interested.

Regards
TonyE

Tony, for the general purpose you can post any images you may have. I will try to digg up your article in the bulletins then.