John Witzel's 38-55 collection

Since I was turned on to John’s fabulous collection, viewed on Armorypubs site, I have perused this sight and these rounds many times. These cartridges have always been facinating to me and to see such varitey astounds me. What is also interesting is he didnt have all of them. I have an old box of 25-35’s he doesnt list and another member has a picture of a 32 WS load he doesnt have. Armorypubs site however didnt list John’s 38-55 collection. Does anyone have acsess to John’s collection they could post? When my wife returns I will post photos of the box of 25-35’s not listed. Can anyone post photos of loads that John didnt have?

I am John’s son, and I do have direct access to John’s collection. In fact he has given me all of .30 WCF stuff and I’m slowing working my way through it all. I’m not too sure about the .38-55s but I’m pretty sure there are some around. I recall seeing quite a few .25-35 rounds as I have been sorting through things looking for the .30-30 stuff.
I’m in Arizona right now and won’t be back in BC (the location of collection) until mid November, but if you’d like to get in touch with me then I would be glad to look through and see what he has.
Feel free to email me anytime at marshall@aztechdrafting.com

Cheers,
MW

Thank you for your reply to my post and your email. I think I can speak for many in this forum when I say that your father had an extrodinary collection and we would appreciate seeing more of it when you have time.

Thanks for the great compliment. I absolutely agree that his collection is extraordinary.
We have registered a web address www.witzelcollection.com We are slow in getting it up and running, but at some point in the (hopefully) near future it will be active and we will start to upload to it. I’ll keep you posted as to when we get it operational.

Are you aware that your dad’s collection is still cataloged and available for viewing, printing or download at

http:www.armorypub.com/witzelindex.htm

It is the entire collection, at least as it existed c. 2003, the year I printed out the entire catalog (fills four - 1-3/4" binders) and is a book on the Winchester Model 1894 Rifle calibers, .30-30, .32 Winchester Special, .25-35 Winchester, .32-40 Winchester and .38-55 Winchester. I don’t know how many pages it is printed out due to the page numbering, but I suspect it is around 1,000 pages. Don’t ask me about “megabites” or the like, as I won’t have a clue what you are talking about.

I only mention this because it will be huge work to put it all on a new website, and it already exists on one. I just looked at it on the above referenced website, five minutes ago.

I have seen this before, but couldn’t find it again from the amorypub home page. I had thought it was taken down, so thank you very much for the link.
We will still set up our page since there are many other things in the collection that deserve to be shared. We may also use that as a means of selling and/or trading in the future.
Once we have it set up I’ll post up on here.