Kansas Cartridge Show?

Is anyone planning to go? Trying to decide if I want to make the trek or wait until St. Louis. Either show will be 5+ hour drive time. Are there hotels/motels available in Abilene?

This will be my first dedicated cartridge show to attend.

Squeaker; I’ve not attended a Kansas show but I’m sure that yes, there are hotels in Abilene that would be fine. The show would be relatively small compared to the St. Louis International Cartridge Show (SLICS), which is the world’s best and largest. SLICS has various events, including a Friday night buffet dinner and live auction, silent auctions, a Thursday night Cartridge Seminar where experts in particular fields of cartridge collecting give presentations, and a large gathering of cartridge collectors from around the world. First-time SLICS attendees are always most welcome. The Renaissance St. Louis Hotel, Airport has great rooms at a discounted rate and an excellent restaurant. I hope you can attend both shows, but if you must choose just one, it should be SLICS. Look forward to meeting you there the middle of April.

Squeaker,

Kansas is a good show. Always find great additions for the collection and they have a good auction. I have been going for years and heading back this weekend see you there.
You need to make St. Louis also. Great show.

Bruce

Mel forgot the bar…the Renaissance has a great bar. I’m not much of a drinker, but it is a great social center throughout the show.

I will be attending the Kansas show this weekend for the first time myself. I am really looking forward to it. I have attended almost every SLICS and plan to never miss another if i can help it. It is a must for a cartridge collector.
Zac

Thank you much for the replies everyone. I believe I am for sure going to go to Kansas. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Have the dates for the 2020 SLICS been decided yet? I couldn’t attend this year and won’t be able to make next year due to a European conference that clashes (yes - I have a day job that I need to pay for my addiction).