Kynoch 32 ACP

I have a round of 32 ACP with a lead RN bullet and a headstamp of “KYNOCH 7.65”. The primer has an ICI logo on it and is covered in white paint. Does the white primer signify anything or is it just sealer?

these lead-bullet .32s from Kynoch, with painted primers, are cattle-killer rounds (humane killers) and may have been fired in a pistol-like device rather than a normal auto pistol. I really don’t know the firearm itself that was used with the .38s, but our store had a “Humane Killer” in .38 caliber from the R.S.P.C.A. of England. It was a single-shot, and you removed the barrel (easily done - a couple of seconds, tops) to load it.

Maybe one of our British chaps knows if these were used in the standard Webley and Browning-type self-loading pistols, or in a special apparatus.

I have a number of different ones in my .32 A.C.P. collection.

From an article on Cattle Killer’s I can provide the following info:

"Webley also produced animal killer devices that were effectively Pistols. The

The .32 ACP / 7.65mm Humane Killer ctgs were used in a variant of Webley & Scott’s auto pistol. This advertisement is from the Midland Gun Company catlogue of 1938. (There is an excellent chapter on these Humane Killers in Gordon Bruces’s ‘Webley & Scott Automatic Pistols’.)

Great info! Thanks!

Eric