Kynoch 7x57mm

I wonder if anyone has any information on this subject.

In the 1920s and '30s Kynoch produced quantities of 7x57 for a number of countries in South America. Has anyone turned up any of this in its original packaging? If yes, was it supplied in stripper clips or loose? If on clips were these marked in any way?

Many thanks.

I have seen Kynoch-produced 7x57 headstamped K 37 and clipped on standard model 1893 mauser chargers marked on the back with a W. These were in packets or boxes of 40 (or was it 50 cartridges?) with bright yellow Kynoch labels. Quite a bit of this turned up in the U.S. perhaps 10 to 15 years ago. JG

The (few) box labels I have seen for Kynoch 7 x 57mm have all been 50 round boxes, but whether the rounds were put up in chargers inside I cannot tell. I only have one, the yellow label in English as described in the previous post, and it does not mention chargers. The box labels were colour coded, green for AP, blue for smoke incendiary etc.

Other ammo for the South American market usually had the box labels in Spanish (.303AP for Argentina, .50Br for ?)

These are all 1930s dated Kynoch loads for export, presumably to South America.

These are Kynoch 7.65mm from the same period.

Regards
TonyE

I dug out my label for the 140 gr. pointed ball loading in a 50-round box, and the label has a black overstamp on all three panels reading “In Chargers.” JG

One of my reasons for asking the question is that M93 chargers marked ‘K-B’ in brass are quite easy to find. The steel marked ‘KB’ ones are a bit harder to turn up but definitely aren’t rare.

I suppose some of these could have been for sporting rounds by Kynoch but I thought I’d ask if there was evidence of them being used with military contracts.

Many thanks for your help.

Peter

[quote=“enfield56”]One of my reasons for asking the question is that M93 chargers marked ‘K-B’ in brass are quite easy to find. The steel marked ‘KB’ ones are a bit harder to turn up but definitely aren’t rare.

I suppose some of these could have been for sporting rounds by Kynoch but I thought I’d ask if there was evidence of them being used with military contracts.

Many thanks for your help.

Peter[/quote]

Peter,

Are we any nearer to finding out who made the “W” marked chargers?

gravelbelly

I have no idea who ‘W’ might be in the context of British clips. I have a M’93 marked ‘W in a circle’ but I have that down as being made by Weiss in Budapest.

The only readily identifiable British 7mm clips that I have seen are those marked ‘KB’. ‘K-B’ and with the ‘KN in a tin’ mark of the Kings Norton Co…

I only have two M’93 clips where the identity of the maker is definitely unknown to me so the existence of these ‘W’ marked ones comes as a bit of a surprise.

Peter