Kynoch box

Does anybody know what kind of ctge is inside ?
Jean-pierre

Just guessin’- but from the description, it’s one bad bullet.
An 11+ score pig!!! And BEASTS!!! A Mini-Tactical Nuke. At least.
In other words, I don’t have a clue.

Rick

The Accles & Shelvoke “Cash” captive bolt pistols take .22 LR crimp blanks. They have different power levels for different sizes of animal (I’m not sure what they are). These rounds were discussed in an earlier thred. They are brass-cased .22 LR blanks, possibly headstamped “AS”.

The box looks like too big for 22.
I was thinking about 320 or 25.
When I saw this box I even had no time to open it, because I had hundred of pictures to do. Furthermore it was in the same cabinet as 320, 380 and;25 boxes.

Are you sure they are 22 ???

No, not 100% sure they are .22, that is just what I thought the A&S Cash captive bolt pistols took. They will be blanks of some sort, whether rimfire or centrefire.

I have two boxes of Accles & Shelvoke blanks, one marked as .25 rimfire Acvoke cartridges with a AS headstamp, and the other in 44-40 with a W-W 44-40 WIN headstamp.

[quote=“slick rick”]Just guessin’- but from the description, it’s one bad bullet.
An 11+ score pig!!! And BEASTS!!! A Mini-Tactical Nuke. At least.
In other words, I don’t have a clue.

Rick[/quote]

slick rick,

Around here a “beast” is farmer talk for cattle. A score is 20 pounds so these cartridges are for killing pigs weighing 220 pounds or more.

gravelbelly

Falcon says this ammo is blank. How does one kill a pig with a blank?

The “blank” is just the energy source for a spring retained bolt which is propelled right into the animal’s brain.

A few weeks ago in Germany or Austria some guy tried to kill his wife this way.

Captive bolt weapons have exactly what they say. There is a usually pointed “bolt” a stout steel pin that has a head at the upper end. Sort of like a large nail, the head keeps the bolt from leaving the weapon when the blank is fired. The “muzzle” is a metal plate. In use the weapon is placed on the animal’s head and the cartridge blows the pin into the animals brain. Much faster and humane than using the old type mallet to kill an animal also much less strenuous on the worker. Sorry if this was a little gruesome. Guessing some collector probably has a picture of a cattle killer.

Their modern 25 cal blanks are headstamped “CASH”

Have an unopened Cash box in my collection with a YELLOW label that reads FOR PIGS UP TO 11 SCORE, SHEEP, CALVES and SMALL ANIMALS. Front end of box reads YELLOW LABEL 1 1/4 Grain (WITH GREASE FOR BOLT) From the height of the box (.655 inch-16.67mm) they must be .22 Shorts. Have several single .22 LR brass cased rounds in the collection that are headstamped CASH in a oblong circle. Do not know what power they are.

Accles and Shelvoke are still in business. To see what these animal killer guns look like go to:

acclesandshelvoke.co.uk/index.htm

Hey Gravelbelly,

Thanks for the confirmation. I recall that “score” = 20 (Abe Lincoln used the term a few years back). Anyway, I just thought the advertising, as it is, was hilarious. Made me want to go out and buy a box, just for the label.

Rick