KYNOCH'S PATENT headstamp .577 Snider?

Is this brass cartridge, with “KYNOCH’S PATENT” headstamp, a normal .577 Snider cartridge, or something else?

Pablo, this is a .577 Snider made under George Kynoch’s No. 4776 patent of November 1, 1881. The case is a two-piece construction with an internal metal cup reinforcement. A really rare cartridge, congratulations!

Thank you for the info, Fede!

Hi Pablo
it would seem, to my mind at least, yours is a middle version of these two.
The upper cartridge goes with the upper headstamp. It is very faint impressed headstamp, but uses a fancy sort of font with large letters. While the lower example has the same headstamp as yours but is a one-piece case, at least on the outside.

VERY interesting. & now I have another to look for, (which I’ll probably never find). & you have two more to find! GOOD LUCK to us both!

The base on yours looks higher than the upper one (.220" / 5.6mm) which also has a slight raised ring around the primer pocket.

Pete,
Thank you for sharing!
Yes, the base on mine is 7.5mm
Very interesting…

KYNOCH’S PATENT appeared only on shotgun cartridges as far as I know (?) I am happy to bow to superior knowledge on this. Mind you the Snider case is a shotgun case in all but name