L-Tech Enterprises ammunition

Relating to a recent discussion in another thread here regarding the new Sig Sauer loaded ammo, and how this is manufactured by L-Tech Ammunition (L-Tech Enterprises) of Eubank, KY - I found some more info on their production. L-Tech has recently begun packing pistol ammo in boxes of their own brand, using generic commercial brass (JAG that I have seen). I recently ordered some .40S&W frangible flat-point from frangiblebullets.com, and the box in the images below is what arrived to me. It has an email on the box of info@ltechenterprises.com , but there is no real website to be found at that address as of yet, just a Godaddy place holder.

I also found an old article from an automated-manufacturing industry magazine about the types of seals L-Tech was using, and the machine process they use to apply it:

http://www.assemblymag.com/articles/89298-dispensing-sweating-bullets

The odd thing about that article is that if you look very closely in the photo at the link, there is an RAI 09 9mm headstamp, which seems too random to simply be a stock photo, and I wonder if that photo came from the facility at L-Tech when the article was being done in 2011, and if so, what is L-Tech’s link to this Thai / Aguila stuff ?

must say I do like the graphics on the top of the box.

And the mouth & primer sealing system used as noted in the link, is very interesting.

" I also found an old article from an automated-manufacturing industry magazine about the types of seals L-Tech was using, and the machine process they use to apply it:

assemblymag.com/articles/892 … ng-bullets"

The article listed by Matt, in quotes above, refers to a YouTube video Hernon Custom Bullet Sealant Dispenser; a headstamp on a cartridge in the video is R2LP - GLE 9MM.

GLE = ?

Brian

Well after doing several searches on the Forum, I see this question has been asked before ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11378&hilit=R2LP ) without a definitive answer as to the meaning of GLE.

Brian