Language ID of a character on a German 20mm fuze

Today I have a somewhat unusual request for identification. It is not about the ammunition itself but about a symbol/character stamped on a German impact fuze which was found on a 20x138B HE-T-SD projectile.
The symbol/character is assumed to be an export marking but so far I was not able to identify the language and sowith the possible buyer country.

Only very few countries are in question with this kind of alphabet (if it is language and not a logo).
My first guess was on China and I asked a friend there who is familiar with arms/ammunition terminology which is no common knowledge in countries using characters! -differtent story though, he told me that this seems to be no Chinese character he knew of or he had ever seen.

Does anybody recognize this symbol or character?:

Aside from a “Logo” the only language which comes close to having similar symbols is Amhara (Ethiopian).

The Ethiopians (Abyssinians) had all sorts of equipment before their invasion by Italy in 1935-36, and subsequent to the defeat of the Italians in 1941 ( Hand-me-downs from the North African campaigns.)

They usually marked everything with a series of Amhara Letters denoting usually “Gov’t Property” or similar meaning. ( I have a couple of FN Mausers and a French Gras M74/80 Rifle with such barrel markings.).

Try an Amhara Alphabet and see if the symbol matches…

Regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics

DocAV, thank you for the hint. I checked several entries in the internet but could not find this character.

Besides this the Ethiopians used 20mm Oerlikon guns (they had 12 EA which became Italian booty).
Also the fuze in question was found in Germany what likely will exclude Ethiopian booty markings.

could this symbol be oriented in another way / correctly ?

Entirely possible. I just depicted it as it was on the fuze when in upright position.

A friend with knowledge of Amharic wrore the following on this subject:
Not easily an amharic symbol. Could be two characters stylistically conjoined, which would be something like “r” and “n” or maybe it’s a backwards “k”. It is not easily recognized as an Amharic character, though.

Vlad, thanks for your help.