Lapua Wildcat for military use?

Maybe someone still remember this thread I posted some years ago

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4341&hilit=300+lapua+magnum

Well, Mr Broemel ( designer of quick load software) said that several rifles in this chambering were sent to some “government agencies” of some UDSSR states.
It is no more than a 338 Lapua magnum case necked down to .30" with the shoulder angle increased to 30° ( from the original 20°).

He doesn’t know if these rifles are still in use.

Having these new infos, does someone know the official name of this cartridge?

There was a cartridge board photo of various unusual cartridges from the Tula plant on the web a short while ago; it included some “7.62x69 Sniper” rounds, which I am told are .300 LMs.

There’s a Wiki page on the round here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.300_Lapua_Magnum

Tony,

the 300 Lapua magnum was a commercial round made in limited quantities only. It was a 338 LM necked down with a 25° shoulder angle.

It is the round on the left. As you can see, the 30/338 on the right has a different shoulder and a different neck lenght

Those I know of are made by the Russians themselfes togehther with the original .338 LM caliber as well as the 9mm version. The project seems to be well and alife since several weaposn have been made in these calibers and are shown on exhibitions.
Here the 7.62 as it was made (in Russia) in qty of 200 only for a competition of some Russian services. This one here is made from a necked down Lapua (made) .338 case since at that point the Russians had problems with their own brass. The projectile used is also some brand from the western world.

[quote=“Pivi”]Maybe someone still remember this thread I posted some years ago

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4341&hilit=300+lapua+magnum

Well, Mr Broemel ( designer of quick load software) said that several rifles in this chambering were sent to some “government agencies” of some UDSSR states.
It is no more than a 338 Lapua magnum case necked down to .30" with the shoulder angle increased to 30° ( from the original 20°).

He doesn’t know if these rifles are still in use.

Having these new infos, does someone know the official name of this cartridge?[/quote]

I meant former USSR states ! Probably not Russia. Cartridge has been tested by police agencies as shooters/users told me. Was not intended for Military use so far I know.

Well, my sample has the same bullet that the one in EOD’s picture.
So it is no more than another 30 version of the 338 Lapua case and intended for long range shooting / hunting…such as the commercial 300 Lapua , the italian 300 principe or the american 30/338 Improved

Just similar numbers developed more or less in the same period and without any connection between their originators