"Lazy Dog" ("Unguide Kinetic Missile") on GunBroker auction site

I’m astounded to see a single “lazy dog” flechette on Gunbroker (Lazy Dog Unguided Kinetic Missile - Vintage Ammo at GunBroker.com : 900482390) with a current bid of > $68 !!!

…and I thought US building materials (2x4’s and plywood) had climbed out of this world?

It will be interesting to see if this becomes the benchmark pricing going forward :slight_smile: :wink:

2 Likes

The seller forgot that 1 cluster bomb contained about 17,000 EA…
Over the time we saw many ridiculous attempts to find buyers who are more ignorant than the additionally greedy sellers.

3 Likes

A fool and his money are soon parted!

4 Likes

Not the seller’s fault…a fine IAA member…but the buyer has done “0” research :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed, this is proving that money can’t buy brain…

3 Likes

Remember, this is an auction, so that confirms that there is more than one bidder who is eager to get this prize at a price that high.

2 Likes

Many, many lots on GB started at truly stupid prices but this one started at $0.01 so I definitely agree with Pepper that the seller is blameless on this one.

2 Likes

I could just kick myself. About 3 years ago at a gun show in St. Paul I seen a 3lb coffee can filled with these for a buck each. WOW!!!

2 Likes

I was given 3 of these for free at SLICS this year, many thanks to Jeff for the gift.

2 Likes

At this price I am not blaming him too.

2 Likes

There are a bunch of bidders in there, but one bidder in particular is pushing the price up in very small increments.

2 Likes

When I was a kid the local military surplus store had ammo cans full of them sitting around. We bought bags of them and threw them all over the desert. I still have one in my collection. And to think, I was always looking for gold nuggets out there.

Much cheaper on eBay:

2 Likes

LOL!!! People never refuse to amaze me…I have three in pristine condition and although not as common as they used to be, hard to pay more than a couple bucks a piece…

1 Like

I still sell them for $1 each when I get them. I guess I should list them on Gunbroker.

1 Like

I’m a scrap metal millionaire!!!

2 Likes

PHINEAS T. BARNUM once said
" You can make Bank on the Gullibilty of the American Public "
( 1880s).

Doc AV

1 Like

The only part of that auction that I would say is wrong is $15 to ship a single lazy dog. That’s insane.

4 Likes

Don’t those small USPS cardboard boxes cost little over $6 and you can reuse them over and over and over? Tom

Tom,

The Small USPS Flat Rate box is $8.45 now, however I ship daily, and this would easily ship USPS 1st class for about $3.50.

Like Jestertoo says, $15 is way to much to ask for postage.

Regardless, this is all on the buyer if they want to pay this much .

Joe