Legality of API cartridges

Lucky Americans!
In Germany it is as in most other European countries. Items like API (nearly all projectiles used in the military and police) are strictly forbidden for civilians. I know that there are very few who get a permit for the possion of these items but all over Germany you can count them on two hands I guess and they get less and less by natural selection. It is kind of similar as with full auto guns.
Also the medias try to tell us that guns and related items are bad and should be strictly forbidden for civil use.
Yes, poor Germany!

[quote=“Desperado”]Lucky Americans!
In Germany it is as in most other European countries. Items like API (nearly all projectiles used in the military and police) are strictly forbidden for civilians. I know that there are very few who get a permit for the possion of these items but all over Germany you can count them on two hands I guess and they get less and less by natural selection. It is kind of similar as with full auto guns.
[/quote]

This is just NOT thru!!.
See Feststellungsbescheid BKA from 15.8.2005 KT21…
Bullets - with Special loadings - are NOT restricted, if the caliber is used also in civilian guns…
Means a 8x57 Tracer/AP/API or whatever bullet is NOT forbidden, as 8x57 exist also as a civilian ammo. But for exemple a 8mm Breda Tracer/AP or whatever Special bullet will be forbidden, as there is NO civilian gun in 8x59Breda…
this is just for the reason, as the federal BKA has NO jurisdiction over Military material and hence their decision about bullets with Special fillings can only affect calibers, which are falling under the Weapons act, means civilian CALIBERS.
you can download this paper from the BKA site , if you have Service Access to the site, as this decision was given to all Landeskriminalaemter of the german states

What you may think and talking about, are licenses for warmaterial (means complete cartridges) which are given out in the 70thies and will not given to “new collectors” anymore. This licenses are of course running out with the death of the original owner. As I wrote above, the material cannot given (inherit) to someone else. The goods have than to be deactivated, afterwards they still can be possesed from the heire…

forensic