Leon Beaux

I am wondering more and more about Leon Beaux company.

Was Leon Beaux ONE guy or TWO people ??

thanks
JP
PS : Still looking for any advertissement showing Fiocchi or Leon Beaux shotshells.

Dear JP,
from what I can deduce from my research, M.Leon Beaux was a Frenchman, who initially set up a company called Leon Beaux et Cie, (in the French style) with financial domicile in Milan. Soon after 1900, the company was re-registered as Leon Beaux srl. ( Italian registration).

From the form of the name, I am assuming that M.Beaux was Juif in origin, although I have no direct proof of this. The first name “Leon” is a fairly common Jewish name in France.

It seems that by WW I, the company was wholly an Italian Company.

regards, Doc AV

[quote=“DocAV”]Dear JP,
from what I can deduce from my research, M.Leon Beaux was a Frenchman, who initially set up a company called Leon Beaux et Cie, (in the French style) with financial domicile in Milan. Soon after 1900, the company was re-registered as Leon Beaux srl. ( Italian registration).

From the form of the name, I am assuming that M.Beaux was Juif in origin, although I have no direct proof of this. The first name “Leon” is a fairly common Jewish name in France.

It seems that by WW I, the company was wholly an Italian Company.

regards, Doc AV[/quote]

Hello Doc,
Do you have a scan of the Italian registration ??

Because till at least 1932 it still was Societa franco Italiena Leon Beaux & Cie
And in 1936 (perhaps before) the name changed in Sociata Italiana di munizioni Leon Beaux & Cie.

And I am more and more wondering about two guys : Leon and Beaux.

What document have you in your research ?

Thanks
JP

JP, here you have some information about some Léon Beaux company names:

1906-1923 - Léon Beaux & C. (trademarks descriptions include names like “Società Franco Italiana Léon Beaux & C. Milano”, “Léon Beaux & C. Milano” and “Società Franco Italiana - Milano”)

1923 (December) - Leon Beaux & C. Società Franco-Italiana per la Fabbricazione delle Munizioni da Caccia, da Tiro, da Guerra, ed Affini

1924 (August) - Società Franco Italiana per la Fabbricazione delle Munizione da Caccia & Affini - Leon Beaux & C.

1924 (October) - Soc. An. Franco Italiana per la Fabbricazione delle Munizioni da Caccia & Affini - Leon Beaux & Ci.

According to “Gli investimenti esteri in Italia” by Feltrinelli (1960) company named “Léon Beaux e C.” in 1932 became “Società Italiana Munizioni Léon Beaux & C.” with ₤60 million of French capital stock. A different source dated 1933 specifies same company name change and mention a ₤3 million capital stock.

Compare this information with your files and let me know if you find some incongruences.

[quote=“Fede”]JP, here you have some information about some Léon Beaux company names:

1906-1923 - Léon Beaux & C. (trademarks descriptions include names like “Società Franco Italiana Léon Beaux & C. Milano”, “Léon Beaux & C. Milano” and “Società Franco Italiana - Milano”)
[color=#0000FF]hello Fede
have you trademarks descriptions in your files?[/color]

1923 (December) - Leon Beaux & C. Società Franco-Italiana per la Fabbricazione delle Munizioni da Caccia, da Tiro, da Guerra, ed Affini
[color=#0000FF]from which document is this coming ?[/color]

1924 (August) - Società Franco Italiana per la Fabbricazione delle Munizione da Caccia & Affini - Leon Beaux & C.
[color=#0000FF]Fro which document is this coming ?[/color]

1924 (October) - Soc. An. Franco Italiana per la Fabbricazione delle Munizioni da Caccia & Affini - Leon Beaux & Ci.
[color=#0000FF]From which document is this coming ?[/color]

According to “Gli investimenti esteri in Italia” by Feltrinelli (1960) company named “Léon Beaux e C.” in 1932 became “Società Italiana Munizioni Léon Beaux & C.” with ₤60 million of French capital stock. A different source dated 1933 specifies same company name change and mention a ₤3 million capital stock.

[color=#0040FF]Any document on these sources ?[/color]

Compare this information with your files and let me know if you find some incongruences.[/quote]

[color=#0040FF]No what you say fits with what I said.
Intersting and new for me is the fact you give me a more accurate value about the change (year 1932 or perhaps 1933).[/color]

But I am still looking for the guy (or guys) Leon and/or Beaux !

Thanks
JP