Less Then Lethal Mine?

I found this item on EBAY. I am curious if anyone knows anything about it? Is it actually manufactured as a tactical, “Less Then Lethal”, mine, or is it just an inert training example labeled as LTL for a classroom training aid? I have never heard of a LTL mine. I know Israel makes a 120MM Tank round that looks like a canister round that is designed as LTL crowd dispersant, so this would not surprise me. Anyhow, hoping someone here may have a clue.

Jason

cgi.ebay.com/INERT-Mine-Claymore … dZViewItem

Looks like a job for “EOD”.

FWIW: I know that there is a LTL version of the Claymore mine. I’ll have to do some digging for the designation.

This is what this seller seems to indicate in his auction. He is calling, “(MCCM), M5”?

Can’t help with the Claymore, but Daniel may be thinking of the “Stingmore”? leechvideo.com/video/view1758223.html

OMG that is nasty! Those guys from Jackass or nuts!

I found this tech info on the Less Then lethal Claymore.

globalsecurity.org/military/ … ons/m5.htm

[quote=“APFSDS”]I found this tech info on the Less Then lethal Claymore.

globalsecurity.org/military/ … ons/m5.htm[/quote]

Good research-Thanks.

Everyone should have a look at the “JACKASS” video referenced above. This will show how ridiculous the current LTL ammo designs are. The unit which these folks use is a commercial version of the M5. Same technology.

LTL weapons which leave attackers with a couple of colorfull bruses and getting up laughing about it are a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. Rioters attack with guns,knives,bombs and we bounce a couple of high speed rubber balls off of them. They get back up - then what?

Any defensive weapon should leave attackers incapacitated not joking. What a JOKE that all is. POLITICAL CORRECTNESS CRAP; we don’t want our enemies to get mad at us and think that we are mean WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL US.

GENERAL PATTON; (ACTUALLY I WON’T QUOTE THE GOOD GENERAL AS THE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS POLICE WILL THINK THAT IT CAN BE MISUNDERSTOOD AND EDIT IT)

I bet the balls coming out of the Israeli 120mm tank gun cannister won’t leave them laughing.

COAT THOSE BALLS WITH A CN/CS MIXTURE AND YOU MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE.

So true! They were joking and if motivated, I am sure could continue being disruptive after the blast. But that thing looks like it could poke an eye out. Definitly not a indoor toy :-) haha. Reminds me of some paintball welts I’ve received after a game.

Jason
PS: I am sure the Israeli 120 has a more drastic effect.