Lew

Just in case someone is wondering where Lew is all of a sudden, I must report that he had a very bad accident at his home in which he was seriously injured.
Nothing to do with ammo; he was trimming a tree from the ground and lost his footing, falling off of a 6 foot wall. While serious, the prognosis is complete recovery and he is at home now, but with eight broken or cracked ribs, and other injuries, he will be out of action for awhile. So, unforturnately, we will not see him on the Forum for awhile, and if you email him, please don’t expect an answer.

I talked to him on the phone a day or so ago and he sounded o.k - despite medication totally alert and coherent, and for his age and injuries, a helluva lot more cheerful than I would be. Of course, he is not a cranky old pissant like I am.

So, we can all be very sad for his injuries, but also happy for the prognosis, since it could have been much, much worse.

I’m sure he wouldn’t mine receiving cards from his friends. His address is in the IAA Membership roster.

Get well soon, Lew, my dear, dear friend of 45+ years.

Lew, if you read this, I hope you get well soon! Un abrazo grande, Fede.

Never let a general do something a 2nd Looie could do !

:-)

Heal fast…

Lew,

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

Leon

And a good Buck Sergeant could do really, really well…

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Having survived just one broken rib several years ago, I can only imagine the pain Lew is in having 8… My sympathies to him!

His knowledge and contributions will be missed in the meanwhile.

AKMS

Lew, I wish you a speedy recovery!

Best wishes for a painless and speedy recovery.
Respectfully
Jack Wells

Lew best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Harrie

Lew,

get well soon !!
To cheer you up a bit, here are some ammo/gun related Darwin awards

cheers
René

The following mind-boggling attempt at a crime spree in Washington USA appeared to be the robber’s first (and last), due to his lack of a previous record of violence, and his terminally stupid choices:

1. His target was H&J Leather & Firearms. A gun shop specializing in handguns.

2. The shop was full of customers - firearms customers.

3. To enter the shop, the robber had to step around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door.

4. A uniformed officer was standing at the counter, having coffee before work. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up, and fired a few wild shots from a .22 target pistol. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, the police officer with a 9mm Glock 17, the clerk with a .50 Desert Eagle, assisted by several customers who also drew their guns, several of whom also fired, The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by
    Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds.
    Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt in the exchange of fire.

The event described below occurred in the 1990’s in the southwest.

A small-time hood (about to be even smaller) broke into the home of a World War Two veteran and stole, among other things, the old G.I.'s .45 automatic pistol, which he used in battle in the 1940’s. The hoodlum then reported directly to a local convenience store and proceeded to rob the cashier while brandishing his new pistol. The cashier, no dummy, followed orders and handed over the contents of the register.

Our thug took the money and turned to leave, but suddenly decided he didn’t want to leave a witnesses… other than the security camera, that is. He leveled the pistol at the cashier and pulled the trigger.

“CLICK!” went the gun.

At this unexpected development, the puzzled crook looked straight down the barrel of his weapon and uttered the words, “What the…?”

As it turned out, the WWII veteran had WWII vintage ammunition in his WWII vintage pistol. Priming caps over time are known to lose their “spontaneous” nature, particularly if stored improperly, causing what is known as a hang-fire: The primer smolders into a delayed ignition.

Such was the case here.

Just as the puzzled crook had the barrel pointed squarely at his own eye, the hang-fired primer detonated, sending a half-inch chunk of lead and associated hot combustion gases directly into the felon’s skull at 900 feet per second.

The range was less than six inches.
The body could only be identified by fingerprints.

As the story was related to me, the police officer who responded to the original gun burglary was also at the scene of the armed robbery. He picked up the .45 and verified the serial number, then returned it to the WWII veteran.

Case closed.

Lew,

Hope to hear form you soon on this forum.
Have a quick recovery.

Regards Leon.

Lew, my best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery ! M. Rea

I don’t believe Lew would not touch his computer so here is a funny site of military jokes and strange pics outofregs.com/index.php?page=home.
Lew, if we hear you laughing, we know you are online (scroll down to “Air Force Taser Fail”)

Having broken two ribs a couple of years ago, slipping on ice and poking my side with my own elbow … I sympathise.

Get well soon and although they say laughter cures all ills, it ain’t true when your ribs click when you move !!!

Wishing you well,

Peter

My friend, have a quick recovery.
Looking forward hearing your laughing as soon as possible.

Rgds
Dutch

Lew: AS my Mother would say “WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING!!” or “You were not thinking”. Hope you feel better!! Vic

A friend’s mother is foreign-born but even after many years of being here she responds to irritating things (like what happened to Lew) by saying “This is very urinating!!!”

Good luck LEW!
I hope, that this is only small accident for you , as for Vietnam veteran!!!

Get well soon Lew

…and they used to let this man loose round nuclear weapons!

Get well soon, old friend.

Cheers
TonyE