LF Books to reprint or translate

I am putting together a series of book reprints of out of print reference books, particularly those on ammunition manufacturing, etc.

I thought I would ask here as many of you may have some interesting titles you would like to see reprinted or translated. I am especially looking for British, US, German or Russian tests on ammunition production, military spec books, etc.

Tear Gas Munitions, by Swearingen!!!

No one else? There must been tons of interesting titles you guys can suggest.

Hi!
I don’t understand very well.

They are tons of old catalogues I would like to buy, even as reprints!

But reprinting them means you already have the original ones or at least a copy!

Therefore it would be better to list what you have and ask to the people the ones they would like to buy.

jp

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I am looking for titles, I have a few that i am reprinting, but I am looking for more.

[quote=“CanAm”]I am putting together a series of book reprints of out of print reference books, particularly those on ammunition manufacturing, etc.
[/quote]

These I would like to see complete translations of, and for the harder to find ones, reprints. Some are available via Ebay etc, as scanned documents, others are harder to find.

(I trust this won’t slow down the arrival of future Grizzlys…)

Brandt, Jakob and Hamann, Horst and Dr.Windisch, Erik. 1981. Die Milit

Here’s a vote for translating “Die G11 Story”.

You will run into copyright issues on some of the items mentioned. Most ammo collector authors are not cooperative in having copies made of their works in my experience. I have hundreds of ammo references digitized on CDBs and some mentioned I have tried to get as well without success. GOOD LUCK !

I have tried to have the Tear Gas book reprinted or get the rights to digitize but they will not cooperate. Why? No idea. Ironside publishing which has published the newest editions of Swearengen’s books have also tried - no luck. Limited market for that book in any event.

Dan Kent, same way. He does not plan to reprint his 7.9 book but doesn’t seem to want anyone else to publish it either. I have tried as have others. There is a market for that book.

Dr. Windisch’s book 1 on the 7.9, ditto. A classic which everyone should have but he says no.

Dr. Regenstreif was more forthcoming and his first book on Soviet ammo has been digitized and I hope to be able to put his headstamp books on a CDB as well. HIS NEWEST BOOK ON SOVIET/RUSSIAN AMMO IS EXCELLENT especially if you can read French. The photos are worth the price even if you do not.

Good luck with your copies but for me PRINT IS DEAD. CDBs are much easier and faster to publish.

I agree copyright can be an issue. I prefer a hardcopy as I hate reading a screen.