Links, dummies and inert ammo for sale/trade

I’m putting my extras up for sale/trade along with other items that’s not what my main focus is: linked ammo. I have a tendency to stray off my path if it’s shiny enough or if it’s a good deal at the time. I’m only looking to get what I paid for the items back out of them (plus shipping). I’m going to try selling these here first to avoid the hassle of GunBroker… I’ll list what I have available first and then items I’d trade for last.

All prices do not include shipping

For links, I have the following:

Top: box of (7) British MkI links for the 20x110HS; they’re dimensionally identical to the M3A1 links used by the US for the same weapons family. These are NOS in their original box. The box is in poor condition as there was some surface corrosion on the links and it (over time) ate through the box in some places. I’ve cleaned them up with walnut/corn cob in my vibratory tumbler and it really helped, but there’s still some there. $5 for the box and 7 links

1st Row - Link type, caliber and quantity available:

M14A1/M14A2 - 20x102 - 5 pieces available - $2 each ALL SPF TO MD

MK7 MOD1 - 20x102 - 21 pieces available - $2 each or $35 for all ALL SPF TO MD
These are used in the M61, M197 and to upload the linkless system used in the Mk15 Phalanx CIWS and it’s land-based version, the M163 VADS.

M22E1 - 20x102 - 2 sets of 2 links (each “link” holds 2 cartridges): $5 each pair BOTH SPF TO MD (only have 2 “pair” available)

M12 -20x102 - 24 pieces available (14 pieces are marked M12, 10 are marked “MAT” for Manufacture d’Armes de Tulle) $2 each or $40 for all
The M12 links were used in the M39 series of auto-cannons, and were mounted in aircraft such as the F-86 Sabre, F-100 Super Sabre, F-101C Voodoo and F-5 Freedom Fighter. I recently discovered that the “MAT” links, while dimensionally identical to the M12, were manufactured for the French 20M693 /A/ gun which was chambered in 20x139, or in a 20M621 that had been modified to shoot 12.7x110.

MK6 MOD4 - 20x110 USN - 45 links available - $2 each or $50 for all
Used in the Mk11 Mod5 cannon, which was part of the Mk4 Mod0 gun pod; usually found in the A-4 Skyhawk, F-4 Phantom II, A-7 Corsair II and OV-10 Bronco.

XM23 - 30 WECOM - 8 pieces available - $5 each 5 SPF TO MD
Used in the experimental XM140 cannon; a part of the XM30 armament subsystem

Bottom row - Link type, caliber and quantity available:

M15A2 - .50 BMG - 16 pieces available - 50 cents each or $6 for all
These were used in the ill-fated M85 MG.

M9 - .50BMG - 19 pieces available - free with other purchase GONE
Used in various forms of the Browning M2/M3 .50 caliber mg’s (still in use)

M2 - .50BMG - 95 pieces available - 5 cents each or all for $10
These links look like they just come off the presses; shiny and black.

Next two links are both M13; one has the hole in the single loop, the other is blank. Small bag full - free with other purchase GONE
Used in the M60, M240, M73, M134, and M219.

Last are M27 links - 5.56x45 - Small bag full - free with other purchase GONE
Used in the M249 SAW, FN MINIMI and Stoner M63.

I also have an over-abundance of M51 series 20x102 dummies. They’re well-worn, but look nice linked up for display - $5 each - have 24 available

Misc. 40mm components: aluminum case is commercial with a (fired) piece of Starline .38 Short Colt brass, zinc pusher (loose) is from a standard chalk round and steel case is a Vietnam-era M169 $5 for all

Experimental 20x102 cartridges: One on the left is the T283E1 and on the right, T228. The T283E1 has great markings on the projectile and a small groove machined near the base. The T228 has VERY faint markings (on the opposite side in the pics). You have to strain to see them, but they’re there. $55 for both SPF

30x113B components: 3 cartridge cases (all M788 TP) and one unpainted TP projectile (loose) $10 for all SPF

Inert 30x126 TP: Has the correct projectile (was used in both the TP and dummies). No headstamp or primer, rotating band is marked “ZEL-2-17 55 30MM T328” $30 SPF

Inert 20x139HS - Projectile is loose and unpainted, no markings on either case or projectile, fired primer $15 SPF

Inert 20x110HS cartridges - From L-R, projectiles 1 & 4 appear to be repainted (I don’t know, but they appear to be “too fresh”), 3 & 5 appear to have original paint, and 2 has been cleaned. The headstamps (L-R) are: DURA 1942 20MM M21A1, BBC 1941 20MM, DPS 1942 20MM M21A1, SMC 1945 20MM M21A1. All projectiles are loose with the exception of #3; it is crimped, has two holes drilled in the case with a wooden dowel visible inside. On projectiles 4 & 5, the fuze is easily unscrewed. $40 for all SPF

I’ve tried to describe the above items to the best of my ability. If you need further information (and can tell me how to find it), I’ll be glad to provide any additional info you need.

Now, for the trade interests. I’ve only recently started collecting, so there’s many things that won’t be listed (for brevity’s sake). I’ve only put immediate wants below, but if you have anything that falls in line with my interests or have similar items, don’t be afraid to ask. For clarification, I collect linked ammunition with a focus (for now) on US-adopted munitions. I also prefer to collect factory dummy ammunition as it doesn’t hurt my feelings (much) if it gets scratched up by the links (which is inevitable). I’m also interested in anything related to experimental 30mm helicopter ordnance.

-30mm WECOM aluminum dummy, blue anodized - need one
-30x173 PGU-16/A or /B dummy - need up to 3
-MK15 links for 30x173, looks like these:

-M18A2 dummies (20x110HS) - need 4 (I have plenty of M18A1 and A3)
-always need more 50BMG dummies (FA4, drilled)
-7.62x51 dummies (black case and projectile) - need 9
-20x110 USN dummies - need 5
-RADHAZ shields for MK2 20x110 USN links (it’s what’s covering the primer in the pic below; I have the links, but no shields) - need 5

-M24 links for 20x139 need 5
-20x139 dummies - need 5
-M14A2N links for 20x102 - need 5
-M17A2 links for 20x102 (only used for the tailgun in the B52G) - need 5
-30x86 ANY
-Inert 30 WECOM cartridges except XM193 dummies
-Inert 30x113B cartridges - ANY except M788 TP (although, if you have a mint M788 I could upgrade the one I have)
-Inert 30x126 cartridges except dummy and TP
-6mm Lee cartridges - FMJ only - need up to 20

Another thing I might be interested in (if you’ve got nothing better to do than to sort through your piles of links): I’ve started down the dark road of not just collecting links, but different manufacturers of the same link and their markings. At the moment, I’m really only interested in different 50BMG manufacturer’s marks. If you’re so inclined, I already have the following:

M2: BP only

M9: ALK A, ALK B, ALK C, ALK D, ALK E, MFT, WM I

Thanks for looking! All items are located in (and need to be picked up at or shipped from) Mesa, AZ 85208. Of course, I can and will combine multiple orders.

-WRM

Bump…Still looking for the items in my trade list; doesn’t matter if you don’t have items to trade as I’m willing to purchase as well. My items for sale will likely be heading to GunBroker this week.

-WRM

will you ship outside of the states…to Ireland or UK…thanks paul.

Sure, provided it’s legal to own there and you take care of the shipping/customs-related stuff. Forgive my unfamiliarity, but I’ve never shipped anything outside of CONUS except for once to Canada.

-WRM

ill take the .50, 30mm and the 20mmx102 lots

Can you specify which 20/30mm lots? (links, dummies, experimentals, inert, etc.) The only thing that’s not available is the 30x113B stuff (it’s marked SPF = Sold Pending Funds).

-WRM

PM sent

Ad updated. All items not marked SPF will likely be headed to GunBroker this week. If someone speaks up and wants something, I’ll cancel the GB ad (if there are no bids placed). Will remove items from this thread as they are sold.

-WRM

Paul,

Get what you want as long as it is inert and I do not have to pull a projectile and he will most likely bring it to me or I can meet him halfway. He lives here in town and I know him.

Rich, let me know is that is ok. I am always willing to help out Paul.

joe

Paul,

Get what you want as long as it is inert and I do not have to pull a projectile and he will most likely bring it to me or I can meet him halfway. He lives here in town and I know him.

Rich, let me know is that is ok. I am always willing to help out Paul.

joe[/quote]

That’s fine with me; let me know.

-WRM

All items not marked SPF have been listed on GunBroker. If someone here wants an item that doesn’t have a bid yet, I’ll cancel the auction.

-WRM

IM sent on 20x102 experimentals and 20x110HS.

Hi Guys,no doubt they have gone now…

Inert 20x110HS cartridges - From L-R, projectiles 1 & 4 appear to be repainted (I don’t know, but they appear to be “too fresh”), 3 & 5 appear to have original paint, and 2 has been cleaned. The headstamps (L-R) are: DURA 1942 20MM M21A1, BBC 1941 20MM, DPS 1942 20MM M21A1, SMC 1945 20MM M21A1. All projectiles are loose with the exception of #3; it is crimped, has two holes drilled in the case with a wooden dowel visible inside. On projectiles 4 & 5, the fuze is easily unscrewed. $40 for all SPF

If not please mail me …Joe thanks for the offer, I missed this as I have been away!

[quote=“timeout”]Hi Guys,no doubt they have gone now…

If not please mail me …Joe thanks for the offer, I missed this as I have been away![/quote]

Email sent.

-WRM