.36 Lip-Fire
.44 Lip-Fire (Short Case)
.44 Lip-Fire (Long Case)

.32 Tit-Fire
.45 Tit-Fire

.28 Cup-Fire
.30 Cup-Fire
.42 Cup-Fire

I have all of these in my collection and can find dimensions in many publications, but have never seen the bullet weights listed.

Ron,
I don’t recall ever seeing the weights published anywhere. I doubt that anyone has figured out a way to get the bullets out so they could weigh them that wouldn’t damage the cases in the process.

Regarding the .45 tit (or teat) fire, I have never seen the Army and Navy National revolver that fired it; anyone got a picture?

What are the case lengths of the 44 Long and Short case Lip-fires?

Thanks

Paul

Paul–According to Suydam in “U.S. Cartridges and their Handguns”, page 34, the .44 Lip-Fire, Short Case is 0.798, the Long Case is 0.863.

Ron,
Here are the particulars for the first cartridge on your list, the .25 lip fire. I figured while I had it apart, I’d get the weight of the powder and the case as well.

bullet - 43.0 grains, with a flat base
powder - 5.1 grains, very fine and compressed
case - 10.2 grains
total weight - 58.3 grains

I weighed ten different complete cartridges, which ranged from 57.2 grains to 58.5 grains. They averaged 58.1 grains, within two tenths of a grain of the combined weight of the components of the test cartridge.

Nice work. You’re becoming my kind of GUY!!!

Keep opening those boxes and pulling those bullets.

Ray

Guy–Thanks. That is a beginning to the answers to my questions.

I’ll check to see if I have duplicates of the other lip fire cartridges that I can pull. I also need to figure out how to get the cup and teat fire bullets out without damaging the cases or the bullets.