Look what I found inside

Years ago I bought 50,000 rounds of component .303 Britt from the Indian / China wars. In one case I found under a loose bullet a case filled full of Black Tar Opium. Some soldiers stash.That set a precedent that all loose bulleted rounds were to be inspected.You never know what you might find in a cartridge.
Today I was tearing down a 1,000 South American 7x57mm Mauser cartridges that had dead primers or had dented cases.
I found a cartridge that had a bullet with a blunted point and a fired primer. It was obvious to me it was done and not a FTF or dropped/stepped on.
I pulled the bullet with an inertia puller as it was corroded into the case neck. Out came the bullet and at first glance what I thought was Cordite.
Upon a closer look it appeared to be a folder up money bill.
I took my tweezers and slowly pulled out the paper bill and it turned out to be one half of a Lottery Ticket.
The other half was stuffed into the base of the case. Had the ticket not been in two pieces and very tightly folded up it could not have been stuffed into the case. The bullet did not touch the ticket as there is no stains what so ever on the paper or printing.
I have no idea what county it is from. Having both halves would still make it redeemable.
It would be interesting to see if it was a winner of some sort.
lottery%20ticket4
lottery%20ticket4|690x696

The cartridge is from the DR. 90% of the cartridges are from the DR. The rest are WRA,UMC and FN.

A little of topic, I also collect bayonets, I bought an Argentinian Fal Type C from the USA. on inspection folded up in the socket was some paper. it was an UK export paper showing the tax had been paid and and the sender name and the address. It also named the receiver with there address in the USA . The sender is very well know in the bayonet world having written a few books. The receiver is well known in the US. I was at a military show in Northern Ireland (Bangor) when someone was talking to me and picked up the bayonet and asked about it. It turns out that he was friends with both people and stayed in both there houses. The guy in the the States has now passed away. But the guy did purchase the bayonet. Small world!..paul

Probably not today. At least with most lotteries, there is a redemption period, after which the winning ticket becomes worthless. Maybe not in the DR.

This surprised me quite a bit when it came loose.

jestertoo, I have seen a few those “knife” cartridges over the past 35 years or so, the first I remember was in the late 1980s’ and it was an 8x57 cartridge. None had any sort of manufacture marks other than head stamps. Perhaps one of those escape/evasion things like the Monopoly games the Brits came up with in WWII?
I even made one in a .45-70 Gov’t case, just for the “how much trouble will I get into if this works”. I did not…