Looking for an older Igman Konjic logo

Darn, I was just at my friends ammo store (I go once every two weeks). I could have surely picked up a box. I looked at my boxes and do not have this symbol, but I also do not have the .303" box this round came out of. I will ask the person I got the round from, to bring the box over this weekend. He was just here last night. You know, I did not check my .22 rimfire boxes. I have to leave for my mothers Birthday party (she is 86), but I will check those later.

Joe

Joe, no hurry! As I understood the chance to find the logo on a box is little since (so far) all observations were made on headstamps.

And bolts.
Dan

Alex,

Just got home and looked but no cigar, sorry I tried. l will contact my friend who has the box and have him bring it over this weekend.

Joe

Alex,

He emailed me back today and said he got rid of that .303" box some time back, but would check some 7.62x54R for the earlier box logo. This is the Russian fellow that was excited about the stock certificate if you remember.

Joe

edit for spelling.

Joe, certainly I do!
Thank you for all the effort. Let us see if somebody will be successfull on this hunt.

Alex, did not forget about you. may be next week or later until he digs out more info.

Joe

Alex, just a note in case you were wondering. I Have not forgotten you. Gorbenko is still looking for literature in his spare time for the symbol you seek, so I can scan it and post here and also email you a copy.

Joe

Edit: Spelling.

Joe, thanks! No hurry here. I will be happy if the sought symbol will show up in the papers then.

Alex, Just to let you know, I did not forget about you and your quest. My friend has looked and cannot find any literature like he thought he had.

Joe

Joe, no worries. I also thought that the logo should be easier to find as it must have been featured on all sort of documents and catalogs of the time but for what ever reason it seems not to be the case. I am still hoping somebody will come up with one sooner or later.

Alex,

IAA journal 461 page 30 is NOT what you are looking for, correct?

Joe

Joe, correct, I am after the earlier one (what I assume to be) and you had it correct in this image already:
i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac39 … a8d11c.jpg

Ok, I am still looking then.

Joe

Alex, do you think this one would be of any use?

Fede, thanks. This will not be the template for me to use (as I usually do) but this gives undistorted proportions.
I will ask a freind to redraw this one now basing on your image. I hope he has the time to do it.

EOD - if your friend doesn’t have time, why don’t you just print out the picture from Fede and trace it as a line drawing only using tracing paper and a good art-grade pencil. Then, you can use that drawing to work you computer magic.

If I was not 75 years old and a little bit shaky in the hands, I would have been glad to do it. 40 years ago, it would have taken about five minutes and in outline, been identical to the headstamp, with good clean lines and curves. Today - well, it would look like a shaky old man traced it!

John, yes, I am aware of this possibility and will do something similar if all will fail (and did before). My friend who is very skilled at this will do this in 5 mins at high res. in digital…
Wish I had his skills.

Ok, thanks to Fede’s image any my friend’s skills I got a perfect b/w image for the database!

Sorry for pestering you all.

Thanks for the heads up.

Joe