Looking for box codes on Peters 30 Luger and 9mm Luger

I am trying to get some insights into the Pre-1921 Peters box codes. On the boxes I have seen, in 1921 Peters began punching their box load date codes as combination of letters and numbers. An example would be “4 89 RP” though the order of the letters and number changes.
These codes were apparently used until 1935 when the Remington style codes were adopted.

Prior to 1921 Peters used a stamped code of letters and numbers like “NLRI 3 15569” or “NOEP 211635”. Example:

The box styles would probably be either one of the following:
image image

It looks like Peters introduced the 30 Luger in 1917 and the 9mm Luger in 1919. This means that boxes of either caliber with the stamped codes date from either a 4 year period (30 Luger: 1917-1920) or a 2 year period (9mm Luger: 1919-1920). I have only documented one example, the code on the 30 Luger box is faded to the point that it is unreadable.

Any additional examples of either caliber or box style would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Lew

May not be the vintage you’re seeking, but I can add this one:

Rich,
Great box!!! I have never seen it before. I have a similar Red “P” HP box but mine is a FMJ box with “HALLOW POINT” stickers on the ends and top.

It looks like a punch code on the back. Could you provide a photo of this code?

My guess is this box is about 1927 or 28.

Many thanks for the great image!

Lew

Lew,
Good eye! This code is a challenge to my eye and a great challenge to my photographic skills. Obviously the color is off on this image but it’s the best that I could get the punch code to stand out. I believe the code reads: 9 63RB.
Rich

RichB - no apology needed for the off-color. It is a great job of tuning the photo to make a very difficult-to-read piece of information very legible. In the past, for my own use, I have had to do some really weird things to read faded spots on labels where I wanted the information, including changing color pictures to black and white, huge changes in color tones, and even temporary enhancements that let me read what I needed for my notes at the expense of rendering other elements of the label illegible.

Good work!

John Moss

Rich,
I need to check with the expert, but will get back in a day or two with our best estimate of the date on this box.

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Lew

Rich,
Looks like this box is probably 1926, and likely late 1926.

Any other early Peters boxes appreciated.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew It seems I sent you photos of a bunch of Peters boxes some time ago, None in these two case types but others, mostly revolver.

I think you did! It was a big help.

Cheers,
Lew

A few more with punch codes:

38 AC punch code 6 28EP
38%20AC%20%206%20%20%2028EP

380 AC punch code 7 90 ER on front label

45 AR punch code 5 51PR

45%20AR%205%20%2051PR
45 AC punch code 5 84 E 45%20AC%20%205%20%20%2084%20%20%20E