Lot HK -1- 97

Hello,
I got my hand on this ammunition, and it’s one of the best ones that is available. Sadly, only a few of them left and I don’t think we will see it anymore. If any one know anything about this ammunition and what does the writing mean. As from what I understand by reading in this forum, KH is not H&K.

1 Like

HK was the symbol for H. Huck, Nürnberg. The company only ever made plastic blank ammunition for Bundeswehr. Without these contracts, it went out of business. Therefore, in this case I think HK is not Huck. Apart from that, the lot number is not in the format used by Bundeswehr from about 1989.

Jochem, I remember we had “HK” lot numbers on ammo delivered by the US to Saudi Arabia for the H&K weapons they bought from H&K USA “with ammo”.

If this here is related:

Thank you jpeelen and EOD, I read the discussion you attached, but I was confused a little. Just confirme. I’m in Saudi Arabia, and most of these we believe it’s from the 90s. This box I assume it’s from 97. We never seen any other date. So is this H&K? Or is it another company. From asking around, I came to this answer “it is a contract by the Saudi officials that have been given to a retailer (not a factory) and the retailer give the specifications to a factory” and that what explain why we don’t see it anymore. Note that Saudi had a strong relation with H&K and they predicted the G3. I’m no expert but these ammunition is one of the best we got our hand on and I don’t think we will ever see.