Luger 9 mm

Can somebody please tell me what is difference between these cartridges ?
What do the different colors means ?

Thanks!

If you mean colors of metals, then: The one on the left, and the two on the right are brass cased (with varying degrees of luster), while the one second from the left is copper-plated steel case. For the bullets, the one on the left and the one second from right are copper-jacketed lead core, while the one on the right is unjacketed lead. The bullet on the one second from left is likely copper-clad steel jacket with lead core.

The sealant colors are random and just differ by manufacture with green being used by one, and red by another.

All are ball cartridges. The primer annulus color is generally the option of the manufacturer. Taking them in order from the right

S&B 9x19 10: S&B sometimes uses pa color to identify a particular client, like blue on 9mm made for Austria, but green is the most common color used by S&B

9mm LUGER TZP KOPP is made in Russian and generally sold by a trading company in the Czech Republic

PMC 9MM LUGER: These two cartridges, or at least the cases were made by PMC in Korea. The cartridge with the red pa looks like their standard ball load. The one with the lead bullet could be a reload.

Your question isn’t very clear. There are lots of differences between the cartridges including case material (one is steel case and the others are brass case) they have different bullet ogives, and one has a lead bullet while the others have jacketed bullets. One is probably military or police where the others are commercial.

What kind “differences” are you looking for??? A more specific question can get you a much better answer. The color differences mean very little.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew, I recently learn that S&B primer colors identify the following characteristics:

Red: CIP specifications + S&B loading
Green: CIP specifications + clients loading
Blue: STANAG 4090 specifications

Fede and Lew - the green standing for “client’s loading” square with what I was told, and that was that a green primer seal was a “police load.” Being a police load would probably fit right into “client’s loading,” but the latter wording would indicate that the “police” connection is only part of the story.

Fede, Thanks, that makes sense. All three colors show up on both commercial style (undated) headstamps and on dated headstamps, though the majority of red pa rounds have commercial headstamps and the majority of blue and green pa rounds have dated headstamps. Boxes marked Police seem to always have Green pa, but there is a lot of diversity and what appear to be normal commercial boxes also have green pa.

Appreciate the insights!

Cheers,
Lew

Lew - that’s good to know, about the green PA I mean. It is what I mean’t when I said that it appears the police connection is only part of the story.

Thank you for your detailed answers!

I was confused with cartridge coloration , that was mystery for me. Now i can see that it means almost nothing, so i would like to thank you very much for your effort!

I would like to point out that the S&B case in the photo has “9x19” as calibre designation. If it were intended for the civilian market wouldn’t the marking have to be “9 mm Luger” as on the other cases shown?

S&B boxes with black “POLICE” imprint (and black “9 x 19” added on the long side) were also sold on the civilian market and carry the ordinary Czech CIP sign.
On mine, primer coloring is green; headstamp is “S & B ö” (ö here meaning the S&B bomb symbol) and “9 mm LUGER”.
Bullet: 6.5 g “SP” (in my view a copy of the Hirtenberger conical soft point bullet).
Stamped lot inside end flap: 33 - 03250 (I suspect colours have a meaning with S&B lots. This one is neither blue nor black but what you get when you mix black and red ink.)