Made in Russia-STs-130 (12.7x55) solid brass sniper bullet

Hello

a bit of show-off ;) - just acquired a fired STs-130 (12.7x55) solid brass sniper bullet for my collection:

for those unaware, it is used in VKS silenced sniper rifles.

How did this projectile manage to stay intact?

I believe it was fired into bullet trap

Or soft ground or snow or water.

Is cartridge collecting still allowed in Russia ?

Yes

…but very difficult. And expensive. In Russia our American internet pricing is considered acceptable. I see internet ammo pricing, combined with shipping, as expensive. I guess if you want something real bad…When I lived in the USSR, I myself paid hundreds of dollars for Levi’s blue jeans which were probably $5-10 here.

I call those the " Good old days". I financed several trips to the Soviet Union with blue jeans and panty hose.

I have heard that you can’t ship even inert ammo to Russia now . Wrong ?

I don’t know about Russia, I ship to Ukraine, all ammo must have no gun powder, otherwise there seems to be no problem.

You are right. You have no possibility to ship to Russia any things reminding something military. Therefore Russian collectors ask sellers to ship parcels to friends to neighboring countries. For example to Ukraine or Finland. And then go to these countries and take away some parcels at the same time. Unfortunately this channel has only one direction and we have no possibility to make exchanges with collectors from the USA.

I tried Finland but that has dried up also. They do not want to take the risk as the laws have changed there as well.

Finnish laws prohibit the transit through Finland deactivated weapons. But I never heard of such a ban for inert rounds. I know several people who regularly travel to Finland for the purchase of inert rounds. But these people silencing the details. Business is business.

Re. Russian collecting…
It is generally not possible to collect live ammo; you only can have live ammo in calibers that you legally own weapons for

Inert ammo is Ok, but current mail regulations prohibit sending anything ammo- or gun-related (even non-essential parts like empty cases or wooden stocks) via mail. Transporting same items in personal luggage is legally Ok.

Prices on items may vary - some local items that are either unavailable or very expensive in the West (like internally silenced SP ammo or experimentals like 6x49 Unified or 10x54R FSDS) could be found for relatively cheap prices or at no cost at all (if you know the right people :)), and western items are usually resold at about 2 times of their original price.

So, if anyone is planning a trip to Russia, a good trade could be arranged for mutual benefit ;)

Finnish laws prohibit the transit through Finland deactivated weapons. But I never heard of such a ban for inert rounds. I know several people who regularly travel to Finland for the purchase of inert rounds. But these people silencing the details. Business is business.[/quote]

Shipping is the problem as I understand it. They will not ship any more due to the new laws. I received items for years from Finland and the other Baltics but no more.