Mannlicher

Hello !
Here are two ctges.
I think the left one is a proof because of the knurled rim and the right one is a guard.

1. Could you confirm ?
  2. Are they scarce ?
    thanks
    JP

JP- the one on the right looks like a hunting load to me. I agree the knurled rim round should be a proof. What is the headstamp? That could tell if the round on the right is likely to be a guard load or a hunting load. Hard to say without knowing the headstamp.

John M.

John has part of truly.
First cartridges likely have not for press test. Cartridges 8 mm Mannlicher with this manner knurled rim was use for firing rifle grenade. For “universal grenade’ was use cartridge without knurled rim. Cartridges with knurled rim was use for (at that time official name) : " 8 mm Ball Cartridge for rifle grenade with time fuse”. Was he fired no merely “battle”, but also illuminate osvetlovaci and signal grenade. These cartridges naturally had not had bullets and was ended brass or paper cap, which was red lakovana, so also primer was red lacquered. About bullet, which them loaded in these cartridge no I can tell none. Is there too possibility, that cartridge was reloaded?
Second cartridges is not for hunting, but them nis target cartridge type " M.8 " - (improved model M.3). Bullets guard cartridges he should have other design. These target cartridge was use like cartridge for training up to year 1938. Bullet these cartridge has length 31 mm and weight 14,6 gram. As he should have Vo= 600 m/s - likewise like standard ball load was training substantial facilitation. lopment bullet type M.3 and alsoo M.8 was make by firm Weiss.

Vit Krcma

[quote=“JohnMoss”] Hard to say without knowing the headstamp.
John M.[/quote]

How do you writte cyrillic (or other starnge caracters) in a post ??

JP

Like this:

Россия

J-P: I have a slightly different answer to the question than EOD gave you. He accomplished something I don’t know how to do, and that is write Cyrillic on the Forum. I can do it in WP but have not been successful with it on the Forum.

My answer is that you don’t “wrtie them”, you post photos of the headstamp. Your photography or scanning, whichever you do, is very good. Why not just do them that way?

John Moss

[quote=“JohnMoss”]J-P: I have a slightly different answer to the question than EOD gave you. He accomplished something I don’t know how to do, and that is write Cyrillic on the Forum. I can do it in WP but have not been successful with it on the Forum.

My answer is that you don’t “wrtie them”, you post photos of the headstamp. Your photography or scanning, whichever you do, is very good. Why not just do them that way?

John Moss[/quote]

I will try,John, as soon as I am back home !

Right now I am at my girlfriend’s house where she is nursing me because of my broken ribs and my tear muscles!

The good side is :

• I have time to sort my documentation
  • I can use her scanner (I don’t have one at home)
    The bad side is :
  • she doesn’t have the software needed for my camera.
    Lol!
    JP
    PS : It is not cyrillic anyway, Alex, but worse than that !

[quote=“jean-pierre”][quote=“JohnMoss”]J-P: I have a slightly different answer to the question than EOD gave you. He accomplished something I don’t know how to do, and that is write Cyrillic on the Forum. I can do it in WP but have not been successful with it on the Forum.

John Moss[/quote]

I will try,John, as soon as I am back home !

Right now I am at my girlfriend’s house where she is nursing me because of my broken ribs and my tear muscles!

The good side is :

• I have time to sort my documentation
  • I can use her scanner (I don’t have one at home)
    The bad side is :
  • she doesn’t have the software needed for my camera.
    Lol!
    JP
    PS : It is not cyrillic anyway, Alex, but worse than that ![/quote]

Jean-Pierre, you may consider to get a “card reader” for all sorts of memory cards. These do like 50 formats and they cost like 8-10 Euro, the size is like half a cigarette box. Makes you independend from the annoying camera software and you can download your images at any PC you want. I do it for years now and need my camera software only when I’m giving away my camera because I upgraded to a better one.

So what language or characters do you want to use?

I go back home tomorrow (unfortunately for myself and you because I will not be able to scan more pictures !! lol!)
You will have pictures tomorrow
jp

John and Jean-Pierre.

Final attitude towards the question: First cartridge is in original conditions and with 98 percentual probability this is cartridge for firing chemical grenades.

Vit Krcma

Jean-Pierre,
To write in Russian, try this translit.ru/
Write whatever you need, then “copy” and “paste” into your own text.

To John Moss:
Here is how your name looks in кирилица
джон мосс
I used the translit.ru/ link

[quote=“sksvlad”]Jean-Pierre,
To write in Russian, try this translit.ru/
Write whatever you need, then “copy” and “paste” into your own text.[/quote]

Thank you very much
JP

[quote=“Vit Krcma”]John and Jean-Pierre.

Final attitude towards the question: First cartridge is in original conditions and with 98 percentual probability this is cartridge for firing chemical grenades.

Vit Krcma[/quote]

Hi Vic !!

Thanks.
I think it it a scarce ctge, isn’t it ?
JP
PS: thanks for the documentation, and hopping the drawings are helpuf for you.

Jena-Pierre

It si very scarce cartridge. Thanks for drawing.

Vit

somebody asked me the hstp of the lead bullet ctge:
red primer annulus, 19/II/17/eagle/
jp