Manufacturing of shotshell cases

Although shothells have been manufactured in Norway for quite some time, there has never been made
actual shells, except for some few made by Raufoss in the late 1950s of Aluminum. Do you shotshell collectors know who actally manufacture the plastic extrusions or the cardboard tubes used for shotshells today? In Europe as well as in the US?

Not sure how to answer a question asking about such broad and yet specific interests.
Cheiddite (sp?) Fiocchi, Eley, a Spanish maker or even a US company such as Federal, or Winchester. Any number of companies extrude plastic for shells & could very easily color the plastic to the specific needs of the buyer, I don’t think plastic extrusion is a very expensive (all things considered) set-up for a company to invest in a this time. heat, dies, dye, raw material, and a sharp cutter are the basics.
Federal is the only US company who offers paper hulls that I’m aware of.
I know Remington made paper shells for Norway but that was perhaps in the 1950’s (just guessing)

Somewhere I have plastic tubes & the “slugs” Remington used when they were doing this in the old UMC, Bridgeport Comm shot tower. I’ll look & take some photos.

Thank you Pete,
the smaller shotshell manufacturers north in Europe seems to have bought shells from any of the larger manufacturers. Eley, Fiocchi and even US manufacturers are represented.

Here are some from the Lonoke Remington plant.

Nice Rich, looks just like the older production but for the green color being more metallic appearing than flat green.
Good deal now I don’t have to dig it out.
When we were in there (1991 for the Hansen Cartridge show) they had shut it down and some of the equipment had been moved to Lonoke so my stuff was just floor sweepings.
Jay, Dick Fraser, Jim Tillinghast & I had an informal walk through some of the buildings after the show closed & it is / was a very large complex, all interconnected & on two levels.

Pete, these came from the Remington Society tour in 2001. Absolutely on my top ten list of most fascinating experiences. I knew I was in for something interesting when I found myself at the Get-to-know-folks gathering the night before seated at the table between Bob Hatfield and ? McCoy. Yes, those Hatfields and those McCoys.

Rich, if you met the ballistician, it was Robert L. McCoy (1937-1998).

Sounds like a great tour. & some far-out company! Very neat & amazing.

Mine tour allowed photos & I have a whole bunch I printed into B&W 8x10’s. Didn’t try to climb the ladder up to the pour site. Probably should have but didn’t. & among the floor sweeping were bunters, never used & plans / blueprints for a duplex loading shell machine & some signage. Pockets were not big enough for stuff found on the floor.
about 3’ wide when spread out & about 16 pages thick