Marine Museum, Parris Island, SC

This very clean museum is much smaller than both Washington Navy Yard and Virginia War Museum, so I’ll try to put everything into one post. Here we go…
P.S. The museum is small but the base is HUGE, I actually observed marines training while driving to the museum grounds, they are all SOOO young, or maybe I am old. The military policeman giving me a daily pass looked like 15 years old, he answered me “Yes, Maam”, I guess 2 grueling days at the previous museums turned me into a woman!!!

Vlad

How in the world do you have the patience to load all of those photos into PhotoBucket…and then in to a Forum thread?

It is a yeomans work

you lead the Forum in photos !!!

Pepper,
You are right about photos, especially with slow hotel web connections. I hope everyone realizes that I am posting predominantly ammo and respective arms photos, but these museums contain a lot more collectibles, like helmets, medals, uniforms, war posters, personal photos. One big surprise was Virginia War Museum. It is big and very rich, it is owned by the city of Newport News since 1941, and has donations from military brass of surrounding military bases (I assume), some of them rival to none. Don’t miss Virginia War Museum.

[quote=“Pepper”]Vlad

How in the world do you have the patience to load all of those photos into PhotoBucket…and then in to a Forum thread?

It is a yeomans work

you lead the Forum in photos !!![/quote]

From Europe, a big thanks for sharing.

Rgds
Dutch