Marking headstamps

What is the easiest way to mark the headstamp of a cartridge?

I see the headstamps of the cartridges posted on the forum marked in white .

Your professor at the school served as what to write in the board!

A simple chalk? No ink? Ok , I will try that way , thanks :)

And moreover, it fades simply with some water, magic not!

Example: without and with

I find a water soluble white out / type correction fluid works nicely, just carefully brush it on, keeping it out of the primer pocket. It can be easily removed with a little water & an old toothbrush. I carefully use a wood toothpick to remove any excess.
Bic WiteOut has theirs marked “Water Base”

AS for chalk, it is available in two forms: stick chalk for writing on blackboards and powdered chalk used by carpenters for chalk lines for marking boards, etc. I find that the stick chalk can, in some cases, scratch the primer annulus lacquer, etc. I use either white or blue powdered chalk. It seems to work fine and is easy to remove.

I like to use an artists chalk which comes in a square stick from artists supply shops. It’s far less gritty than blackboard chalk which can be quite an efficient abrasive. Once done I tend to leave the chalk in place but if it needs removing I wipe it over with a dry cotton cleaning patch, the fibres of which lift the chalk out of the markings.

This is an efficient way of emphasising the regular intaglio type of marking but how do you best show the cameo form where the marking is raised above the surrounding surface?

Happy collecting, Peter

I use a white Crayola crayon. Inert and longlasting. Figure if I go to the trouble of highlighting, I want it to last. Coloring it and then “polishing” it on one’s (denim) pants leg cleans off the excess. Pretty simple. I use plastic toothpicks for the detail work.