Maroszek experimental or otherwise?

Wondering if this is a Józef Maroszek experiment or other? Berdan primed, completely non magnetic.

3.391" long
0.623" rim
0.624" base above rim
0.533" shoulder
0.367" neck outer
0.318" inside neck /Correction, checked with drill rod and 0.320" slips in and out nicely, so 0.323" projectile would fit snugly.
0.330" neck length

PzB Patrone 35(p) / 7,92x107 DS
7,92x86 6,5 and 20 mm

8x86 Polte anti-tank see my sale 12 lot 390

most all were found without projectiles. & I would be aware of one with one.

Pete, why Polte?

This case was always referred to as experimental Polish in conjunction to the later adopted 7.92x108.
Franczyk has it also in his book on Polish cartridges “Polska Amunicja Strzelecka 1919-2004” published in 2005.

Well, I guess I called it Polte as that was what I was told it was & didn’t have that book. As I do now have it, I now see it pictured as # 64 in the back.
Thanks for the correction Joe & EOD

Ok, so what is the official designation for this Hull according to the book?

joe

7.92mm x 86 eksperymentiany

The book is in Polish.

It is just an experimental case without any known designation except for the known measurements.

[quote=“PetedeCoux”]8x86 Polte anti-tank see my sale 12 lot 390

most all were found without projectiles. & I would be aware of one with one.[/quote]

Pete, I have one with a bullet in. Does that mean it isn’t genuine?

Well, there is two pictures on municion.org. I suppose you could contact the peoples links that posted the pictures and ask them about the rounds they posted pictures of.

joe

These cases were all found in Germany (a well known test range) and all were without projectiles. The rest is about collector’s male nature of plugging holes…

Tony
Re-EOD’s below statement. I’d be looking very carefully at it, if it had a bullet. Are their crimps?

Edited one to correct the spelling in Tony’s name.

Tony,

Would you post a picture?

Joe

Here he be…

[quote=“TonyWilliams”]Here he be…

[/quote]

Tony, when your round was “factory” loaded, I think it must have a crimp just as the showed 7,92 x 107.

Rgds

Tony,

Thanks for posting a picture. Would it be possible to get a few measurement, so I could compare with my casing?

joe