MEN .22 Hornet (Year code data !)

I have 2 cartridges headstamped MEN 22 HO C ( a factory dummy) and MEN 22 HO D (45 gr. SP). Does anyone know what the C and D mean. I would guess they are a year code. If so, what years and what other letters were used.

Its the year code, but even at MEN nobody today knews a thing about the dates.
They stopped production of civilian ammo in the late 80thies…and even as the .22 Hornet was the very best on the market about precision at that time, they could not be convinced to produce it any further. The made no money loss on it, but also no profit…but a I suggested them at that time, it was the best advertising (good product, good precision an NO costs, at it was paid in full from the client buyers) the new manager at this time decided: no profit, no more production.Only military and police ammo was produced from that time on.
But today they are falling prey to maybe CBC, as RUAG was preventing from overtaking them by the german Kartell-Authority and the Holding-Mama (MAN) will not keep an ammo factory in their portfolio…thats life…

Greetings fom Old Germany
Forensic

PS: Next week I see an OLD worker from MEN, now in pension…maybe he still knews something from the yearcode used…

[quote=“Forensic”]Its the year code, but even at MEN nobody today knews a thing about the dates.
[/quote]

E - 1981
D - 1982
C - 1983
B - 1984
A - 1985
V - 1986
W - 1987

regards
rob

[quote=“Rob”][quote=“Forensic”]Its the year code, but even at MEN nobody today knews a thing about the dates.
[/quote]

E - 1981
D - 1982
C - 1983
B - 1984
A - 1985
V - 1986
W - 1987

regards
rob[/quote]
Hola, it seems you met this old man before…AT MEN even the quality inspector from the last 12 years doesnt knew this anymore…
I will let him know, their own code :-)) now.

Thanks, Rob

Forensic

gladly happen. :))

PP?

[quote=“Rob”]gladly happen. :))

PP?[/quote] Yes