Merv Jones

I am very sad to report the sudden passing of Merv Jones of Calgary, Alberta. He died yesterday morning.

Merv was a fixture at so many Canadian gun and cartridge show that I can’t begin to imagine how many people he knew.

Merv was the biggest cartridge dealer in Canada and had been a collector and dealer for longer than I’ve known him.

RIP

1 Like

Paul - I didn’t know this man at all, but I mourn his passing. Your words about him are clear indication that his passing is a loss for our hobby. I’m sorry for this. It is hard to lose friends.

John

1 Like

Yet another sad day for us all.
Zac

1 Like

RIP Tom in MN

1 Like

Oh that is very sad, I’ve known him since the mid-1980’s as a very knowledgeable person & a really very nice guy on top of that. For some reason I was just thinking about him yesterday & wondering how he was.
Haven’t seen him for a number of years but he will sure be missed.
Good collecting Merv, & all the very best

1 Like

Merv’s passing is indeed a sad day , not only for the ammunition world but for everyone who knew him. He was a wealth of knowledge and a genuinely nice person. He will be greatly missed.

1 Like

Hi all,

Merv’s memorial will be on Saturday, Oct 26 at the Marlborough Park Community Assoc. at 6021 Madigan Dr NE, Calgary from 1-5pm.

Thank you for the nice comments about Merv. I know that they are being passed along to the family.

Paul

1 Like

I always enjoyed seeing Merv (and usually Paul hovering around his table) and travelled to a few shows in western Canada just on his suggestion. His loss to the Western Canadian cartridge collecting fraternity will be huge.