Metal supplier for 8x50R Lebel case

Here is a picture with headstamp on 8x50R Lebel case. Manufacturer (EDB) is Société anonyme des Etablissements Delaunay-Belleville, Saint-Denis sur Seine, France.

I have a problem with identification of metall supplier with code M of this case. My available sources give two variants:

1. Compagnie générale d’éléctricité, Etablissement Mouchel, Tillières-sur-Avre (Eure)
  2. S.A. Сuivre & Alliage à Ham (Somme)

Which variant is correct? and
What was the correct name of S.A. Сuivre & Alliage à Ham (somme), because I was not able to find info about this company?

Thanks for help

Treshkin: I can’t really answer your question directly, but it doesn’t seem likely that industrial activity of any size could have been carried on in or near Ham in 1917 since the area being heavily fought over by the Allied and German armies. Jack

Have a look by yourself
A great side;

8lebel.org/index.php?option= … &Itemid=75

Rgds

Thank you, Dutch

I know this site, but it don’t give an answers on my current questions

Existed at the same time 2 suppliers of metal :

• Société Electromécanique, devenue Compagnie Générale du Duralumin et du Cuivre, usine de TILLIERE-SUR-AVRE (27-France).
    -Société Anonyme des Cuivres et Alliages, à HAM (80-France)

and maybe :

• Compagnie générale d’électricité (Etablissement Mouchel).
    JM

Compagnie générale d’électricité (Etablissement Mouchel) à TILLIERE-SUR-AVRE (Eure), Société Electromécanique à TILLIERE-SUR-AVRE (Eure) and Compagnie Générale du Duralumin et du Cuivre, usine de TILLIERE-SUR-AVRE (27-France) are the same.

What can be found easily on internet about Ham is that the German army was here in 1917 (translated from french with Google) :

“Fort Ham succumbed on the night of 18 to 19 March 1917, dynamited by German troops determined to systematically destroy the monuments on the way to retirement.”

[quote=“domi”]Compagnie générale d’électricité (Etablissement Mouchel) à TILLIERE-SUR-AVRE (Eure), Société Electromécanique à TILLIERE-SUR-AVRE (Eure) and Compagnie Générale du Duralumin et du Cuivre, usine de TILLIERE-SUR-AVRE (27-France) are the same.

[/quote]

Thank you, domi!

Please, tell me why such tree visually different company names can belong to one company. May be there are names which one company used during different periods of time? Or may be some names are incorrect? And what name was actual to the period of 1917 year?

Sorry for my insistence, but I really try to look into DFrench manufacturers and metal suppliers. In some cases it is to difficult.

To JMG:
Sorry for my lack of experience, but what is it (27-France) and (80-France)?

To Jack:
Thanks for good advice about Ham industrial activity during WWI!

From what i have found, Compagnie générale d’électricité was the correct name during WW1 and became a part of the Compagnie Générale du Duralumin et du Cuivre in 1943.

The number next to “France” is for the “departement”: 27 is Eure and 80 is Somme. You have more here:
http://www.cartesfrance.fr/carte-france-departement/carte-france-departements.html

Domi

Thank you, domi!

To Domi: In an official document (DEFA: A list of registered suppliers Army) that I noticed these two manufacturers for the "M ". And it was accurate results provided that the brass at the same time !!

To Treshkin: 27 & 80 numbers of departments in France. 27 = Eure, 80 = Somme.

Thank you JFG!

What is a date of your official document (DEFA: A list of registered suppliers Army)?

Sometimes same letter corresponding to different cie/metal provider …
So, perhaps it’s certainly possible to identify it exactly.
But we need to know calendar référence for the market,
Problem it’s to know period of activity, result of buisness, contract …
In France too, it’s not allways easy.
Difficult to be sure about exact activity for all compagnies and civilians factorys …
Who accept to loose one hour, one day, one week, one month, one year for obtain only one response …

Best Regards, Dan

Defa = Direction des Etudes et Fabrications d’armement.
Direction (command level) for Study and building weappons ( and ammos)
Best Regards, Dan