Mick McLauglin

Once again it is my sad duty to report the passing of a friend and long, long time IAA Member Mick McLaughlin, who left our midst this morning after a long fight with cancer. I cannot claim to have been among Mick’s closest friends, but he was my friend and he was a mainstay of the Chicago/St. Louis Cartridge shows for as long as I can remember. Most of all, he was a gentleman. He will be missed.

Mick was a good friend and teacher. I will miss his funny jokes and sense of humor.
RIP old friend.

A great gentleman, very sorry to hear of his passing. I will miss our SLICS conversations.

Mick was a top notch and giving guy who always had time for everyone in spite of the lines at his tables. His amazingly positive attitude carried him well past where most folks would have thrown in the towel. Our prayers now go to his family.

A true gentleman, and a model for others in so many ways. He will indeed be greatly missed.
He generosity sharing knowledge and helping others was exemplary.
Thoughts and prayers to his family.

To all who have posted about Mick
As Mick’s son, I can say just how much joy he got out of his association with many of you, and how forward he looked to the various shows. My father took his friendships very seriously, and the vast majority of his closest friends are in some way, shape, or form associated with cartridge collecting. As Mick’s family, we truly appreciate the support he found in these friends, as well as your kind words and condolences.
Sincerely,

Mark McLaughlin

Mark,

We thank you for taking the time to write what you just did. Your Dad was, simply, a great guy!

I know I can take the liberty of saying that all of us wish you and your family the best. It is hard to lose a family member, but it is simply part of living. He will be remembered by everyone who knew him.

Thanks John. He was a great guy and was really hoping to make it to the St Louis show later this year. He put up one heck of a fight, and got an extra year over what the doctor said was to be expected. He was an inspiration to all of us. It seemed that everyone at the funeral had a “Mick story”, and someone even wanted to slip a cartridge into the casket. I think he would have gotten a good laugh out of that :-)…