Military Ordnance and Ammunition Collection Photos III

4 Likes

Jeff - do you have any information on this one?

1 Like

Probably not. I photographed the pages of the ammunition inventory document, but it is difficult for a non-speaker to follow, and the identification numbers on this item look as though they have worn off.

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Can anyone translate on this one?

Projo group 45b

3 Likes

This is a dummy.

But what you want to know is that this is the version with the AR-27 VT fuze.

Учебно-тренировочная = teaching-training (cartridge)

= dummy (smiley)

hello
i noticed 57x348SR with zinc plated case ,never see ones
do here is the 100mm experimental aircraft ammo with semi rim and rimless ?

Wrong museum for these. You need to go to Monino then and try there.
Or to their auto-gun factories who have small museums sometimes.

57mm S-60 steel cases are not very common. Most I saw were used for dummies.
I am not sure if the coating is actually zinc or some chromate or so.

4 Likes

Did you carry a tripod with you? What an effort…

Whenever possible. I like to shoot at a very high F-stop (f22-32) for good depth of field. Most of these museums and storage areas are terribly lit, and flash photography can be very finicky and give heavy shadows, I prefer a good tripod and cable release. 10 second plus exposures can be very slow, but the results usually make up for it.

4 Likes

Your photos are excellent.

Excellent too see somebody who actually cares and does not relay on touristic snapshots as we usually see them!
And lucky you when being sanctioned.
More than once I ran into folks questioning what I was doing… Sometimes even with weird(o) things following…

1 Like

3 Likes

Alex, when I went to Tobyhanna Army Depot, I was told I could take photos anywhere outside of the buildings. When I started taking photos, a military policeman tapped me on my back and told me I could not take pictures anywhere. Go figure!!!

Inside military installations it is one thing Though then I would refer to the higher authority there.

Those strange things had happened to me in museums and mil installations (NOT speaking of Russia now but of “the west”) where photographing was expressively allowed to anybody.

1 Like