Minnesota Weapons Collectors Association

Usually this time of year the MWCA has two great shows at the Minnesota State Fair Grounds. Place was always packed with people. NOT this year. MWCA received word from the State Fair people that due to a change in “insurance policy” they cannot hold the events on the grounds like years before. What a shame! Tom from MN

1 Like

Interpretation: Prejudicial (bigoted) politics strike again.

1 Like

Weapons, sounds dangerous…Good thing we only collect grenades and mines…

2 Likes

About a hour after the show opened it was wall to wall people, mostly older, that looked at the items on the tables. It was there that I met Alvin Olsen, a little guy who dressed up like Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Alvin always gave me a good deal on buying cartridges and he was the guy who persuaded me to join IAA. Great memories of the shows plus all the free parking and a shuttle bus if you couldn’t walk too good. I’ll miss these shows! Tom

2 Likes

It is increasingly difficult to get insurance for gun shows, and the venues all require the shows to have insurance. Beyond that, there are serious efforts underway by anti-gun groups to ban shows from publicly owned facilities (fairgrounds, convention centers, etc. Although usually written specifically to curtail “guns” they will likely include “ammunition” explicitly or implicitly, so cartridge shows are also in danger.

1 Like

So in the end there was a show???

I guess not, I think he was refering to earlier show’s.

No, there will be no gun shows at the State Fair Grounds this year due to new insurance rules. However if you think the regular State Fair is peaceful, there was two big gang fights during one evening this year. You DON’T see old men using canes and in wheelchairs having gang fights during gun shows. Now those shows are/were peaceful!!! Tom from MN