Minuteman Ammo's solid silver werewolf ammo

Saw an article today about MinuteMan Ammo (Carson, Washington) loading a live a .45 Colt with a custom turned 240gr solid .999 silver projectile or a 125gr .357mag version. The price?.. $99.95 per round… I understand the custom lathe turning and process involved etc., but one would be purchasing around $5.00 spot worth of silver, and it’s loaded on a generic Starline case. At least give us a custom headstamp for 1rd of Werewolf ammo I am saying.

minuteman 45 colt silver box minuteman werewolf silver 45 colt gift box werewolf minuteman 45 colt silver werewolf defense 125gr

1 Like

Total absurdity. 99% pure silver would be a poor choice of material for a self-defense load in any caliber, as if anyone would buy this product as a self-defence load, even if that price of roughly 200.00 is for two rounds, as shown in the box. As a retired member of the retail firearms business community, 36 years on the job, I find this kind pandering ("Werewolf ammo? Even more childish than Zombie ammo, although at least the latter is actually a real self defense round, if someone has to have a green plastic nose on their bullets rather than a green one.

Minuteman ammo should be ashamed of themselves. It is this kind of absurdity that makes people “on the fence” about guns, jump to the anti-gun side.

I have bought some pretty silly loads as a collector of cartridges, but any I have pale in comparison to this ridiculous load. I would care if they had their own headstamp and line the impression with silver as well.

John Moss
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member California Rifle and Pistol Association
Life Member International Ammunition Association

2 Likes

John Moss: confirmed for possibly being a werewolf in disguise. I’m on to you!

In all seriousness, though these do seem more like a gimmick. I wonder how much fouling (if silver can ever me considered such) the rifling would receive after one or two shots.

If they had simply cast the silver bullets like a normal person would, it would only be about $10 per round, yea?
Gimmick for fools who have too much money to spend.
At least the Hornady ‘Zombie’ ammo was priced the same as the not-green ammo, and yea, I got one box of each… just in case…

Badger - no defense of this goofy, useless stuff, but I have been told that pure silver is very hard to case - that it comes out wrinkled, etc. Don’t know if its true or not. Regardless of method of production, aside from being idiotic advertising implying this is actually a self-defense round, in my view, the price of this stuff is a rip-off. Just my opinion.

John

John, actually, Silver is not that hard to cast… and yea, we did that a bunch of years back when the Lone Ranger was a hot ticket item, (long before the movie with Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp), and loaded some .44-40 [without powder] so we could sell them to the goofy people who liked that stuff and spent money on crap.
Hey, I was a KID!
Used a LOT of silver dimes, which were plentiful and not worth much more than a dime in those days, for the bullets. And yea, I wish I still had those silver dimes!

And did the advertising not say it is for the local Werewolves, not people? ;-)