Multi-forum discussion (extracted from sticky)

Originally posted by [color=blue]NZ L1A1 Collector[/color]:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to put this, so if it isn’t please place it where you feel it should go. i[/i]

Now that the board has been up and running for a couple of weeks could I make a couple of suggestions about the format.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a number of Sub-Forums created inside “General Ammunition Collector Discussion”.

Maybe something like:-

[color=red][b]Military Small Arms Ammunition (up to 15mm)

Cannon and Artillery Munitions (20mm upwards)

Stripper Clip, Link, Belt, Boxes etc.

The Magazine (WTB, WTS, WTT, Where to buy)

Collecting & Storing Ammunition[/b] [/color]

Like I said just some ideas that might help the board out :-)

Kevin Adams
Rifle, 7.62 mm, L1A1 Collector and Researcher
NEW ZEALAND

Originally posted by [color=blue]Iconoclast[/color]:

Hi Kevin!

This was a topic we discussed at some length when we were in the process of creating the new site.

In the end, the consensus was (and I’m confident it remains) that by keeping it all in a single forum, it makes it easier for people to do searches, etc. If, for example, those who specialize in .22 boxes / packets should feel the need, there could be a forum for them (as there is a separate collector group under the umbrella of the IAA). But there’s not been a single thread or post regarding that particular niche in the past two weeks.

It will ALWAYS be possible to craft new, more specialized, forums. However, I (we?) feel there would need to be a [u]lot[/u] more traffic - and very “localized” at that - before the separate forum would be justified.

There are topics on storage / preservation on the main site. There are many collectors / threads which don’t deal with military ammo. Etc. Use of the site is entirely voluntary and users can easily skip over topics which do not appear to involve matters which interest them. On paper, it makes sense, but not at the volumes we see now. After moderating / administering sites and forums for years, I’m firmly convinced that minimizing the “Balkanization” of the site, adding forums / sub-forums only when it is imperative for clarity, is the best way to keep a site alive and vibrant.

Your input, and that of others, is ALWAYS welcome - positive or negative. Most sincerely, THANK YOU for giving it - it IS appreciated!

Originally posted by [color=blue]Vic[/color]:

I, as a general collector enjoy the mix, It almost forces me to look at other posts that I may not choose to, but when I am done reading them I am really glad I did