Mysterious japanese 7.6 mm shotshell

there is a 7.6 mm caliber existing for japanese shotgun .
Have you any info on it ?
thanks
JP

One of the posters here has had one for sale on Gunbroker, described as a rare Japanese 7.62 Nagant. You might find some info on it there.

That was the smallest shotshell caliber made by Nippo Kogyo (NPK); the largest was 4 ga. It was also made by TYK.

Ok thanks
CSAEOD says on his post on gunbroker it is for a Nagant revolver.
Therefore he mistook because it is for a shotgun and not a revolver, didn’t he ?

What is the case length ?
thanks
JP

Case length is 38 mm, same as the 7.62 mm Nagant revolver round, but it is not such a thing.

Hello Fede
What does it mean : “it is not such a thing” ?
JP

What I mean is that it is a shotgun cartridge and not a japanese made 7.62 mm Nagant round made for captured russian revolvers.

We are thinking the same thing
how do you know the caselength ? do you have this ctge in your collection ?
jp

I think that this must be the one you are referring to:

Also known with twin (one upside down) “7.6”'s and “AOA 7.6 MM” hs as produced by Asaki Okuma Kogyo

thank you very much !!
i would like to buy one
jp

I didn’t have my own computer when i watched the ad from CSAEOD on gunbroker.com
Today I wanted to dowload the picture of the box which was on his ad but the ad doesn’t exist anymore !
Has somebody the picture ?
Thanks
JP

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt … =253390974

thank you very much
jp

Documents please.

Opinions are not information.

This item came from Japan with the identification as stated. I was able to buy 4 of these but not the box. They have all been sold to major collectors. None of mine were headstamped. They were not loaded with shot. They were loaded with a lead slug.

I can’t read the box. Can anyone ?

This is a good time to blab about COPYRIGHT.

What are you doing using MY pictures without my PERMISSION ?

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH !

I get this kind of ignorant rant frequently.

FACT : ANYTHING WHICH YOU POST ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT AN EXPRESSED COPYRIGHT IS A GIFT TO THE WORLD TO DO WITH AS THEY WANT !
FACT : ALL AN EXPRESSED COPYRIGHT DOES IS GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SUE FOR DAMAGES.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

I have over 1000 copyright protected publications and many are copied and resold all over the world by others. It would take a full time battery of international lawyers to attend to this and it is not worth the effort.

[quote=“WBD”]I think that this must be the one you are referring to:

Also known with twin (one upside down) “7.6”'s and “AOA 7.6 MM” hs as produced by Asaki Okuma Kogyo[/quote]

The fellow who I got these from said that they were a “reloadable” shell. The 3 of mine which were loaded all had the same marks on the primer which this one does. Must be a good reason for that.

Another point about copyright as previously described in an IAA article on the subject by George Hoyem. Putting ‘copyright’ or © on an internet image/article or even a proper publication does not make it copyrighted - it needs to be registered as such.

You can take this further, if you take material from someone else and then put it into a publication and claim copyright then it is unlikely to be valid (even if registered as such) because you have not received exclusive rights to do so from the originator.

All very complex and a legal minefield, not only with images and text but music, movies etc. The whole issue of copyright in this ‘electronic’ world is changing. I believe that one day the concept will disappear entirely.

The 7.6 mm was the smallest shotgun center fire caliber used in Japan and was at least made by AOA, NPK and TYK. It is also described in several Japanese catalogs, including those by KFC who made Murata type shotguns in this caliber.

It could be possible that your specimens were reloaded with a lead bullet to be used in “captured Russian 7.6 Nagant Revolvers”, but the picture shows a box of empty shotshell cases by NPK.

CSAEOD, I didn’t mean to violate your copyrights. I have edited my previous post so everybody can see it in the original source.

[quote=“Fede”]The 7.6 mm was the smallest shotgun center fire caliber used in Japan and was at least made by AOA, NPK and TYK. It is also described in several Japanese catalogs, including those by KFC who made Murata type shotguns in this caliber.

It could be possible that your specimens were reloaded with a lead bullet to be used in “captured Russian 7.6 Nagant Revolvers”, but the picture shows a box of empty shotshell cases by NPK.

CSAEOD, I didn’t mean to violate your copyrights. I have edited my previous post so everybody can see it in the original source.[/quote]

It appears that my JOKE got lost in translation! THAT WAS A JOKE !

Can you post some images of these catalogs?

Why make a shotshell to fit the Nagant unless it was designed to fire in the Nagant? It is the same cartridge.

To be used with a Nagant revolver the cases should have a tapered mouth portion no?

Did anybody ever measure these Japanese cases in detail?

The Russians for example have several modifications of this cartridge which are definately not meant for the revolver. The latest I know of was made in 2002 (and is likely to be in production today).