NATO headstamped 7,92x33 (homemade)

Just came from a show. The seller told me that these were Israeli made Kurtz military rounds. Is this true?

While it may be true that these are from Israel, I have seen several domestically produced 7,9 Kurz cartridges, both blank and soft point handloads manufactured from cut-down 7.62x51mm NATO cases. Very common among owners of the MP-44/Stg.44. Up until the recent importation of new 7,9 Kurz ammunition made by Prvi Partisan, the only choices for this caliber was surplus German or East German ball ammo or rolling your own. I’d have to say that my gut instinct on this one is that these are US made handloads. The Israelis probably would not use soft point projectiles in a military load and the nickeled primer and lack of primer seal says “handload” to me.

AKMS

Outside chance they were handloaded in Israel but more likely US “roll your own” as stated. What headstamps are on the new import 7.9Ks ?

No way they are ex-Israel. Very little reloading there, and even less private ownership of auto weapons.

News to me. I thought everyone was armed to the teeth. I guess I got that confused with Switzerland.

CSAEOD,

I saw some of these at a gunshow in Springfield Mass. about two years ago.

Needless to say, I was shocked to see them. As I recall, the headstamp was rather typical. I think it was “ppu 7.92x33” there may have been a “K” in there somewhere too. I should have bought a box, but I already have enough stuff I do not need taking up space here.

AKMS

Why are these rounds on a 5 round stripper clip (which,by the way, has a single “A” in the middle)? Does anyone hunt with it?

Hi Vlad,
I think they are on a clip just for fun.

In 2006 the production for these cartridges was started by Chemnitzer Sportwaffen- und Munitionsfabrik GmbH, te Chemnitz, Germany. The German firearms law was altered so the Sturmgewehr 43 may now be used for sporting purposes. So there wil be a market in Germany for this 8x33 Kurz cartridge.

This plant makes ball and blank cartridges.

In this case the charger has nothing to do with 7.9 x 33mm, it is a standard US-made 7.62 NATO charger. However the original WW2 7.9 x 33mm German manufactured rounds were also issued on chargers. The rim diameter and body taper allow use of the standard charger as used for the 7.9 x 57mm. I have seen original rounds on chargers marked C-hre 44 and I believe that there was an adaptor to fit the rifle mags and allow filling directly from chargers. I haven’t seen one of these as yet.

gravelbelly

AKMS - If you saw some 7.92 Kurz at a show with headstamp “PPU 7.92 x 33” they were factory made by Prvi Partizan in Serbia and have nothing to do with the reformed-case handloads shown at the beginning of this thread. The rounds in question I would say are definitely US reloads, done originally by someone who needed ammo for a STG or any other rifle chambered for the cartridge, and were offered with a “story” by some gunshow dealer who wanted to sell them as collector’s items. That is pretty common at gunshows. I have seen ads for PPU Kurzpatronen, but have never seen one of the cartridges.

[quote=“224BOZ”]Hi Vlad,
I think they are on a clip just for fun.

In 2006 the production for these cartridges was started by Chemnitzer Sportwaffen- und Munitionsfabrik GmbH, te Chemnitz, Germany. The German firearms law was altered so the Sturmgewehr 43 may now be used for sporting purposes. So there wil be a market in Germany for this 8x33 Kurz cartridge.

This plant makes ball and blank cartridges.[/quote]

STG 43s for sport use ? full auto rabbits hunts - FUN !

Well, no full auto in Germany.
If one shows up in Germany hunting with a StGw44 the local hunters likely will tie him up to a tree and burn him alife. German hunters are very conservative folks.

[quote=“EOD”]Well, no full auto in Germany.
If one shows up in Germany hunting with a StGw44 the local hunters likely will tie him up to a tree and burn him alife. German hunters are very conservative folks.[/quote]

WHY MAKE THE AMMO AND MAKE THE GUN A SPORT GUN ?

Because we have the most stupid gunlaw in the world.

WASH DC AND CALIFORNIA ARE TRYING FOR THAT TITLE.