In March of 1938, after the “Anschluss”, control of the company, Hirtenberger Patronen Zunhutchen & Metallwarenfabrik A.-G. of Hirtenberg, Austria was incorporated into the Wilhelm Gustloff Foundation, which was a group owned by the Nazi Party.
On April 29, 1939 The company was officially renamed (from Hirtenberger) to Gustloffwerke Hirtenberger.
During this timeframe they typically used the letter “G” as a manufacturer’s mark on the headstamps, but also continued using the “H” for cartridges only produced in small numbers rather than replacing the bunters.
By April 3, 1945 the plant was mostly devastated from the war and fell into the hands of the Soviets and was quickly put under control of the USIA (Administration of Soviet Property in Austria) and the company again renamed to Hirtenberger Patronen Zunhutchen & Metallwarenfabrik and eventually started production of cartridges again in 1946.
So from 1939 to 1944 The Nazi’s made pinfire cartridges in Austria.