Need Help Deciphering Box Label

I know that this is a long-shot at best, but maybe someone out there has the same or similar box as one that I have. I need help in deciphering the label so that I can make a copy to store with the box. The original label is typical of the period, made using a mimeograph, with the purple/blue coloring, but it has faded to practically nothing. Based on what I know about the cartridges, here is what I came up with:

CTG : AP Cal .30 T93E2
REF : DRG EXP No. 2438
CASE : Cartridge Brass Cal .30 FAT1E3
BULLET : AP Cal .30 FAT29
PRIMER : Remington 39
PRESSURE : 48,900 psi
VELOCITY : 2730 fps
PROPELLANT : Western Ball 846
Charge 46.3 Gr

MANUFACTURED FRANKFORD ARSENAL MARCH 1954

Can anybody help??

Ray

Ray–I can help on part of the label content. Here are the specifications for the T93 series of AP.

T93 CARTRIDGE, ARMOR-PIERCING, CALIBER .30 140-5 GRAINS AP BULLET FOR LIGHT RIFLE

T93E1 CARTRIDGE, ARMOR-PIERCING, CALIBER .30 T93 WITH CASE, BRASS, FAT1E3, 193 GRAINS APROX, DWG FB 25449

T93E2 CARTRIDGE, ARMOR-PIERCING, CALIBER .30 T93E1 WITH BULLET, AP, CALIBER .30, FAT29 M61

Ron

I appreciate the reply. But, I’m already familiar with the cartridge and the specs. That was the only way I was able to decipher most of the label. What I wasn’t sure about was the DRG #, the Pressure, and the type of Western powder.

One observation that I’ve made for anyone interested - These cartridges have an FA 52 headstamp while the box is dated March 1954. I have noted the same thing with other FA 52 cartridges and boxes. That seems to fit in with the noticable sparcity of FA 53 cartridges. Also, I have FA 51 and FA 52 cartridges in both the T93E1 and T93E2 configuration. Apparantly a period of transition.

BTW, the FAT 29 bullet has a nominal weight of 150 grains.

Thanks

Ray

It’s spar-S-ity.

I can’t help bein’ a helper.

LOL :>) :>)

At least I know someone is reading my threads.

Ray