Need info on a .22 M1 Carbine Wildcat

I’m building a Johnson 5.7MMJ carbine conversion. I have the dies and am making brass. I gun shop in town called me and told me they had another set of dies I could have for ten bucks. I picked them up and the dies are clearly marked .22 Oresky. A loading instruction sheet, professionally printed was included in the die box.
I formed a casing and it differs from the 5.7 MMJ by neck length and shoulder angle only. Imagine the shoulder and neck of the 7.65 Argentine and you have the casing, only .224 caliber. I Google’d the wildcat and came up with nada.
Does anyone have any info on this cartridge and it’s history?
Thank you.

Here’s the best information I have about .22 Oresky wildcat (Gun World april 1964):

I have an specimen of this wildcat made by Mr. E. Oresky himself headstamped L C 5 2.

Carbine conversions were made by Merlin Gun Company, East Northport, New York.

Can you post some scanned images of the instruction sheet?

Thank you so much for the info, I remember that article from long ago. I wonder why he did not go with a gas operation? And even stranger is the cartridge in the press is not his cartridge. It’s either the 5.7 MMJ or the Scorpion. The shoulder is too sharp for the Oresky. Let me try and find the paper.

Here is the instruction sheet:

The photo is of the two cases. The one on the left is the .22 Oresky. Other is a 5.7 MMJ

Here is a test cartridge 5.7 MMJ nezt to a .30 Carbine. The bullet of the MMJ is too far out for use, just to test the seating die and outside thickness of the bress neck.

Thank you Rapidrob.

Your welcome. I enjoyed reading the article you posted.
I finished the carbine tonight and test fired it into my bullet trap. The 5.7 MMJ functions the carbine with no problems. There is very little recoil.

Rapidrob…

Was doing a google search and saw your 2 year old post on this forum about 22/30 carbine wildcats. In particular, the 22/30 Oresky. That was made by my father Edward Oresky and I remember helping him in the workshop back in the mid '60 assembling these conversions. I would be happy to share any knowledge/information if you are interested.

Thank you.
Matthew Oresky

Interesting opportunity, welcome to the Forum.
I guess the first question is why did your father go with the “Trombone” action and not the original gas action? Did he find much interest in the action or cartridge? At the time, .30 Carbines and .30 ammo were pretty plentiful, so I would wonder why he, not to mention Johnson and the others, even went to the trouble?