New 327 Federal Magnum "Hotty"

Now available “327 Federal Magnum” almost the energy of a 357 Magnum in a 32 Caliber. Federal and Ruger joined efforts for the new SP101 Pistol, this is one hot number, *45,000 PSI, 1,500 Feet per sec. , 500 Foot Pounds!
Click on the below link for more information and pictures:
ammo-one.com/327Federal.html
or below: in picture below on right bottom, 3 cartridges: Left to right, 357 Magnum, 327 Federal Magnum, 32 H&R Magnum.
picture on Left is 327 Federal Magnum.

enjoy,
Thank You,
Dave

Does it has the same case lenght of the 38 special?

…sorry,“does it have” not " does it has" …

Pivi, An article I just read on it states that they used the .32 H&R Magnum round and extended it .125" so it won’t chamber in the older guns. Looks like fun!! Too bad Canada prohibits .32 calibre except selected target guns.

Heres a quick pic of the rd.

Left: .32 H&R Mag
Middle: .327 Federal
Mag: Right .38 Special

Why does Canada prohibit .32 Calibre?

[quote=“Falcon”]
Why does Canada prohibit .32 Calibre?[/quote]

Because when the LIEberals passed this law, they were looking for a way to give the “Coalition for Gun Control” some sort of trophy, and they figured that a suitable trophy would be prohibiting somewhere around half of all the legally-owned handguns in Canada; since the pre-existing registration system collected information such as calibre and barrel length, it was a simple matter for them to keep adding factors to the “to be prohibited” list until they got to at least 50%. They started with the assumption that any handgun chambered in a .25 or .32 calibre cartridge was necessarily some sort of “Saturday Night Special”, so they deserved to be prohibited right off the top. However, that still didn’t reach the “at least 50%” mark that they wanted, so they also said that any handgun with a barrel shorter than 105mm (about 4 1/4") would also be prohibited. These two factors together (25 or 32 calibre, and a barrel length 105mm or less) ended up prohibiting about 60% of the legally-owned handguns in Canada, and all for no better reason than some slimy politician wanted to look like he was “doing something for the children”.

Hmmm! The “new” .327 Federal. Well, new case type, but seems a bit similar to the .32-20 Winchester in concept. The .327 moves, at its hottest loading (so far), a 115 grain bullet @1300fps. The .32-20 can easily duplicate this, although all of the current factory loadings known to me are “Cowboy Loads” at very low velocities, the equal of shooting .38 wadcutters in your .357 Magnum.

I will say this, the .327 would be easier to handload, since it is a straight case (therefore, Tungsten Carbide dies can be used), and it is probably a little thicker case at the mouth than the .32-20.

No discussion of loads here, as that is a prohibited topic, rightfully so, but I have loaded .32-20 for years and it is an excellent cartridge, and like the .44-40, makes a liar of the myth that the semi-bottleneck and the thin case mouths make it hard to load. It is easy to load well. JMHO.

Then, its the same old story of reinventing the wheel, and that’s what keeps cartridge collecting interesting. I used to wish that they would bring out a new cartridge every week, but now I feel sorry for the guys who collect sporting rifle cartridges - all the new proprietary loads and even factory loads must be driving them crazy and putting them into the poor house, buying a box to get one! Heck, in my own field of auto pistol, I can’t keep up even with all the new headstamps, much less the multitude of loadings being offered in the popular calibers. Thank the lord for cartridge dealers that let us get some of this new stuff one round at a time! I am not being sarcastic. I mean that.

The 327 Federal advertising is mostly hype and I predict it will last about as long as the original 32 H&R. It will be hard for anything or anybody to replace the 38 Special and 357 Magnum, ever. But, as John said, it does make for something else to collect. I hear that there are guys who actually collect pistol cartridges :) :)

An interesting article in today’s Phoenix newspaper. It seems that stabbing deaths are rising at an alarming rate in London. Prime Minister Gordon Brown says that “carrying a knife is completely unacceptable” and warns of tougher penalties in the future, for those caught carrying a knife. No mention is made of tougher penalties for those actually using a knife.

Ray

Ray - and nuts like me collect only pistol calibers, not even revolver! There is just no helping some of us.

[quote=“A Call to Arms”]Now available “327 Federal Magnum” almost the energy of a 357 Magnum in a 32 Caliber. Federal and Ruger joined efforts for the new SP101 Pistol, this is one hot number, * but will it be safe to shoot in the much lower cost Russian Surplus 7.62 Nagant revolvers* or will the 500 foot pounds of energy be to much for the 165 foot pound 7.62 Nagant ?
Click on the below link for more information and pictures(ENJOY):
ammo-one.com/327Federal.html

• NOTE; We are not recommending you shoot the 327 Federal Magnum in the Russian Nagent Pistol, we at www.ammo-one.com are not gunsmiths! It maybe very dangerous due to the higher pressure in the 327 Federal Magnum!
    enjoy,
    Thank You,
    Dave[/quote]

additional information:
The 327 Federal Magnum puts out 45,000 PSI , but I have no idea what the 7.62 Nagant Revolver pressure limit is rated ? I am not going to test it.

for good picture go to : ammo-one.com/327Federal.html
the 327 Federal Magnum is 1.47 O.A.L.
Thanks,
Dave

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]The 327 Federal advertising is mostly hype and I predict it will last about as long as the original 32 H&R. It will be hard for anything or anybody to replace the 38 Special and 357 Magnum, ever. But, as John said, it does make for something else to collect. I hear that there are guys who actually collect pistol cartridges :) :)

An interesting article in today’s Phoenix newspaper. It seems that stabbing deaths are rising at an alarming rate in London. Prime Minister Gordon Brown says that “carrying a knife is completely unacceptable” and warns of tougher penalties in the future, for those caught carrying a knife. No mention is made of tougher penalties for those actually using a knife.

Ray[/quote]

Then better buy one now before they are gone :-)