New ammo made in Belarus

From Milex-2019 in Minsk, Belarus ammo made by BSVT-NT in calibres 9x19, 7,62x39 and 7,62x54R

Hooke - is there any other information about the ammo section of this company -full company name applicable to the ammunition brand name, headstamps used, marketing plans, etc.?

John Moss

A little more I have found on them: Edit: BVST appears to stand for “Belspetsvneshtechnika”

BSVT – New Technologies LLC is a manufacturing company developing and producing optical and optoelectronic sights, observation devices and systems, simulators, navigation equipment, self-propelled robotic systems, small arms for civil and military use, silencers for small arms. The company also deals with the modernisation of military equipment and of short-range air-to-air guided missiles.

The aim of the company is to succeed in the field of military and civil developments using advanced technologies. Working on integrated control systems, BSVT – New Technologies LLC uses its own algorithms based on computer-aided learning and neural networks, which allows processing huge amounts of data in real time without human participation.

To ensure accurate positioning and control of various products, including guided missiles and ammunition, the company is engaged in the development and production of strapdown inertial positioning systems used in constructing high-precision geoinformation systems for navigational tasks.

As a result of fruitful cooperation with leading educational institutions, training systems and complexes, including those with VR headsets, which guarantee full involvement in the learning process, have been developed and successfully implemented.

Using the advanced technologies in the field of electronics and video processing, BSVT – New Technologies LLC modernises various missiles and artillery guided projectiles.

Within the framework of the development of optoelectronic systems based on high-sensitivity video cameras and thermal imaging modules, the company produces different sights for small arms and armoured vehicles, as well as portable and stationary observation, detection and positioning devices. Modern small arms and parts to them are developed at a small arms laboratory and production area. The availability of state-of-the-art equipment and high-skilled personnel with the experience in the development and use of small arms makes it possible to create new samples of pistols and rifles and to perform assembly processes with quality control at each stage.

Production facilities deployed at cantonments allow the maintenance and repair (including complete overhaul) of military vehicles, armoured vehicles, armoured personnel carriers and surface-to-air missile systems. A full cycle of development and production allows creating integrated systems, flexibly interacting with each other.

BSVT – New Technologies LLC successfully cooperates with foreign countries and has established itself as a reliable partner and supplier. Every year its long-term cooperation with permanent partners is strengthening and the number of new ones is growing.

That helps, for sure, and thank you for posting it. Still, it seems to mention nothing about their venture into the field of Small Arms Ammunition, commercial OR military.

John Moss

Headstamp BSVT-NT

IMG_7482s

This is a new direction of development.

Hooke - Thank you! It is interesting to me that on many Russian boxes, printed almost entirely in the Russian Language and in the Cyrillic Alphabet, the caliber (case type) of the ammunition is printed basically in the Western Alphabet and English language.Don’t recall every finding out why?

John Moss

John, I guess Russia (and other Cyrillic script users) got so used to Latin script in ammo designations (also lots of imported material and domestic production with bi-lingual markings) that it is easier this way.
Also there is no stringent system of abbreviations for calibers and load types. The few abbreviations existing in Russian are partially missleading and as we all know it is hard to transliterate names.
Here examples:
.45 АЦП
.40 С&В
.38 Спешл
.300 Вин-Маг
.50 БМГ
I guess even Russians would get lost with that.

Them it is:
http://bsvt.by/en/

Ruslan, are the cases made by Barnaul?

Thanks for sharing.

hello
for the case color, i think a making by Ulianovsk

The thing is that Ulyanovsk (which is TCW today) made the last 7.62x54R in WW2.

I agree that

Ok, I found Ulyanovsk made commercial 7.62x54R before they were subsidized by TCW but the cases I saw were all polymer coated, not LS.

Alex, Ulyanovsk 7.62x54R with polymer coated steel case were made by TCW, but this happened after the merger.

Fede, this is strange then as after the merger they did not feature the Ulyanovsk logo anymore. The box I saw is featuring the logo and a polimer coated case.
Any thoughts on why?

Those boxes with the Ulyanovsk logo are marked “Tula Cartridge Works” in the back. They were introduced as early as 2008 in several calibers (.223, .308, .30 Carb.).

Thanks! I never saw the backside of such a box.

Do you know if they ever featured the Ulyanovsk logo after that?

If you mean boxes with the Ulyanovsk logo and headstamp but actually made by TCW, I don’t think so, because the latest boxes I could find date from 2009.