New ammo made in Belarus

That helps, for sure, and thank you for posting it. Still, it seems to mention nothing about their venture into the field of Small Arms Ammunition, commercial OR military.

John Moss

Headstamp BSVT-NT

IMG_7482s

This is a new direction of development.

Hooke - Thank you! It is interesting to me that on many Russian boxes, printed almost entirely in the Russian Language and in the Cyrillic Alphabet, the caliber (case type) of the ammunition is printed basically in the Western Alphabet and English language.Don’t recall every finding out why?

John Moss

John, I guess Russia (and other Cyrillic script users) got so used to Latin script in ammo designations (also lots of imported material and domestic production with bi-lingual markings) that it is easier this way.
Also there is no stringent system of abbreviations for calibers and load types. The few abbreviations existing in Russian are partially missleading and as we all know it is hard to transliterate names.
Here examples:
.45 АЦП
.40 С&В
.38 Спешл
.300 Вин-Маг
.50 БМГ
I guess even Russians would get lost with that.

Them it is:
http://bsvt.by/en/

Ruslan, are the cases made by Barnaul?

Thanks for sharing.

hello
for the case color, i think a making by Ulianovsk

The thing is that Ulyanovsk (which is TCW today) made the last 7.62x54R in WW2.

I agree that

Ok, I found Ulyanovsk made commercial 7.62x54R before they were subsidized by TCW but the cases I saw were all polymer coated, not LS.

Alex, Ulyanovsk 7.62x54R with polymer coated steel case were made by TCW, but this happened after the merger.

Fede, this is strange then as after the merger they did not feature the Ulyanovsk logo anymore. The box I saw is featuring the logo and a polimer coated case.
Any thoughts on why?

Those boxes with the Ulyanovsk logo are marked “Tula Cartridge Works” in the back. They were introduced as early as 2008 in several calibers (.223, .308, .30 Carb.).

Thanks! I never saw the backside of such a box.

Do you know if they ever featured the Ulyanovsk logo after that?

If you mean boxes with the Ulyanovsk logo and headstamp but actually made by TCW, I don’t think so, because the latest boxes I could find date from 2009.

I actually mean any commercial Ulyanovsk production featuring the Ulyanovsk logo after 2008-9.

Because today it seems that the logo is not being used anymore (as per Ulyanovsk made specimen we know).

more…

1 Like