New cabela's Herters

The recent Cabela’s shooting catalog lists USA made Herters ammo. Has anyone seen the head stamp? Or know the manufacturer? These are not the Russian made ones.

Is there any sort of connection between Cabelas and the old Herters of Waseca, MN, other than Cabelas using the Herters name on some of their products now?

Cabela’s Herter’s brass cased .380 Auto is stamped: TP PIN 9X17. The “9X17” is stamped upside down.

A few weeks ago I was at the Cabela’s in Reno, NV and I checked the Herter’s “Select” brand in the black box and I found (just like the last time I checked months ago) brass cases with the standard Fiocchi “G.F.L.” stamp. I only checked the 9MM, .38Spl and .357Mag calibers. I seem to recall someone on one of the gun forums stating that some of the Herters Select he had gotten had the newer “FIOCCHI USA” stamp. I don’t recall if he stated the cases were either nickel plated or of standard brass.

As far as I know the steel cased loads are still made by Ulyanovsk with the double-arrow design.

Is that “TP” maybe a “PT”?
With “PT” and “PIN” and brass PINDAD from Indonesia comes to my mind.

Here their website advertising 9x19, 9x18 Mak and 9x17 Br.:

pindad.com/showpro1.php?p=70&b=2&m=2&u=2

Interesting to see a NATO stock number on their 9x19 box.

Cabelas has purchased the rights to the Herters Name and trade marks. Cabelas did not purchase any equipment used to manufacture ammunition at all. Cabelas contracts out via bid to manufacture their ammunition. Have seen manufacturers from at least 5 different countries thus far and there may be more. You may buy a caliber made by wolf in one batch and later buy the exact same box and loading and it could be made by a different manufacture if Cabela’s put out a new bid.

[quote=“EOD”]Is that “TP” maybe a “PT”?
With “PT” and “PIN” and brass PINDAD from Indonesia comes to my mind.

Here their website advertising 9x19, 9x18 Mak and 9x17 Br.:

pindad.com/showpro1.php?p=70&b=2&m=2&u=2

Interesting to see a NATO stock number on their 9x19 box.[/quote]

EOD, I double checked my .380 (9x17 Br.) round and it is most definately T P. I even had it written down wrong in my notes (I had “P T”). My round also has 3 very small equidistant square primer stakes and green primer seal.

I only have one sample round that I got from John Moss (I don’t collect .380’s except for very specific ones so I never bought a box).

I have these boxes from Cabela’s

headstamp are the same for these two boxes .223 REM and logo

and these