New Canadian restrictions

Not to start a political thread by any means, but in terms of ordnance, it was pointed out by another collector in a collector group online that the exhaustive and absurd list put forth for the Canadian ban today contains such everyday items as: functional TOW missiles, Greek C6 60mm mortars, M68 Parsarskott recoilless rifles, Manville gas guns, Starstreak missiles, and my favorite, the ZT3 Ingwe, a South African mobile laser-guided anti tank missile. Ok now, hand them over nice and easy… Other strange items shown below:

image image image image image image image

3 Likes

I hope this is not all as about 1 million items are missing!

Thanks god they included some experimental weapons of which are like 3 known specimen do exist…
Making it impossible to own these shall make the earth a better place for sure.
I am glad we have such experts working in govt. institutions! I hope they are getting paid accordingly!

4 Likes

Just to get an idea of Canadian firearms laws, the experimental H&K G11 is prohibited to own in Canada LOL

My goodness I would have never thought / guess all those Canadian folks owned all those missiles, rocket launchers, recoilless rifles, grenade launchers & mortars & that their use would have to be restricted. Just shows you how little you know about your good friends & neighbors.
Sort of makes me think I’m back in the Mid-East.

Anyone know what a Smith & Wesson 210/276 or a 276 is?

1 Like

Sorry to be Political, aside from the ridiculous list set forth, This list also includes 1500 assault rifles. This is a huge issue here in Canada to us gun owners, as PM Trudeau just passed this today with no vote, no discussion in house of commons. Illegal. He just did it on his own like a dictator. Now we are all like what next…scary times for us gun owners.

4 Likes

Same BS over here, these lists are UN mandated.

3 Likes

… and when do the lawsuits start? :-O

2 Likes

Pete, I am not familiar with it as the Model 210, (earlier version?), but I have handled a couple S&W Model 276, their version of the Federal Labs 1.5 Caliber/37mm Gas Gun, (I have one, with the Tear Gas canister muzzle attachment).
A guy in my gun club also has a 276, he brought it in last year for show-n-tell at one of our meetings.

Are you familiar with the Defense Technologies Model 1315?

You guys in Canada better start jumping up & down, the ban was supposed to only cover so called “assault rifles” after the recent shooting, the grab has begun for all sorts of other non-related items. There seems to be a lot of creep in their methodology to “capture” anything they like! No need for this!

2 Likes

37mm Tear gas gun, OK & thanks Jack

You are welcome.
The 276 used a S&W N-frame grip, and there was a rifle version, and if you removed the stock, you could put regular revolver grips on it to make a pistol version. [Pics from various internet sources… ]

It is considerably lighter than the Fed Labs gas gun.
This is my Fed Labs Gas [and Flare!] Gun. The round think on the receiver is an inclinometer, the tang sight is graduated 75 & 100 yards.

2 Likes

Ok, and what makes it different from a 1.5-inch flare gun?

Nomenclature only… Fed Labs labeled this theirs as a “1 1/2 Cal. Gas Gun”.

I forgot to mention that I have fired a number of flare cartridges out of this beast, well, when I was young and stoopid and did not know what the cost of those flares would become in 20 or 30 years.

3 Likes

How simple it is to save the world…

1 Like

How are they supposed to hunt moose now? In a couple of years the cities will be overrun with them…

3 Likes

They are still apparently allowing lever-action, bolt action, and pump rifles & shotguns, as well as revolvers in some cases? because nobody could ever kill 20 people with a couple lever guns or shotguns…? It is certainly a strange logic to it, since when the inevitable next massacre occurs via shotguns & revolvers - would they not be compelled to then ban those as well, and then presumably the ammunition for them?

1 Like

That’ll be the next bite. We have lost all semi centrefire (except shotgun up to 5rd),and anything with a mag capacity over 10rd, including .22 pump etc. No logic, purely ideologically driven. Meanwhile robberies occurring with hammers.

1 Like

That’s the point, Trudeau wants a seat at the UN, so what better way to do that then by following the UN Disarmament plan?

Are you set to lose all centrefire semi-automatic riflles in Canada.

How about fixed magazine types such as the M1 Garand and SKS?

Am I correct that the fixed magazine types do not need to be registered in Canada?

I think the; ‘Hockey Moms,’ are going to support a UK style system…that means, get some practice now using an air rifle :-)

1 Like