New for 2009, or very late 2008, 6.5x47 Lapua, "Smoken&

New for late 2008 or early 2009, in the USA Retail Commercial Market. The 6.5x47mm Lapua. The cartridge was developed by Lapua and the Swiss Rifle Manufacturer: Grunig & Elmiger, for serious long range competition target shooting.
The caliber chamber dimensions are optimized for target projectiles. T
This 6.5x47mm Lapua combines real-world field performance with tack-driving precision.
The base diameter and overall length are similar to the 7.62 NATO (308 Winchester) allowing it to fit in many similar actions opening up possibilities for many applicications.
In other words: “It Smokes!” 108 Grain Scenar moves at 2,950 FPS and still doing 1,888 FPS at 600 Yards!

for more information or to purchase please click on the below link:
http://www.ammo-one.com/6-5x47Lapua.html
Thank you,
Dave Call, A Call to Arms, LLC at ammo-one.com/00.html

Hi Dave,

This cartridge was announced for first time at IWA 2006 and I saw my first specimen (empty case) in late March of the same year. I'm not aware of any earlier written reference.

[quote=“Fede”]Hi Dave,

This cartridge was announced for first time at IWA 2006 and I saw my first specimen (empty case) in late March of the same year. I'm not aware of any earlier written reference.[/quote]

That maybe, to my knowledge, it just became available in the USA in late December 2008, I have been waiting for it for over a year. Not sure if it was available elsewhere earlier. Thank You, Dave Call, A Call to Arms, LLC
www.ammo-one.com

The 6.5x47 LAPUA was developed in 2005. Shooters here in the USA were already experimenting with the case by summer of 2006. Because the cartridge that preceeded it, the 6x47 SM (Swiss Match) was hard to get because there was no importer willing to bring a sufficient supply into the country, the 6.5x47 LAPUA was immediately glommed onto and necked down to 6mm and the wildcat 6x47 LAPUA took off like a house on fire. It has also been necked down as far as 17 caliber and as large as 30 caliber.

Both the 6x47 SM and the 6.5x47 LAPUA were developed as mid-range target cartridges, not as a long range Benchrest cartridges. Long range (1000 yards) has been dominated by the bigger cartridge, the 6.5 x 284 LAPUA.

Prior to their introduction there were quite a few Benchrest wildcats using a 47mm case with the 308W base. All of these, of course, had to be made from other brass so the LAPUA was greeted with open arms. Ballistics of the wildcats are not much different than the two factory cartridges.

I don’t mean to denigrate the 6.5x47. It is a fine cartridge.

Ray

[quote=“A Call to Arms”]New for late 2008 or early 2009, NEW to the Commercial Market. The 6.5x47mm Lapua. The cartridge was developed by Lapua and the Swiss Rifle Manufacturer: Grunig & Elmiger, for serious long range competition target shooting.
The caliber chamber dimensions are optimized for target projectiles. T
This 6.5x47mm Lapua combines real-world field performance with tack-driving precision.
The base diameter and overall length are similar to the 7.62 NATO (308 Winchester) allowing it to fit in many similar actions opening up possibilities for many applicications.
In other words: “It Smokes!” 108 Grain Scenar moves at 2,950 FPS and still doing 1,888 FPS at 600 Yards!

for more information or to purchase please click on the below link:
http://www.ammo-one.com/6-5x47Lapua.html
Thank you,
Dave Call, A Call to Arms, LLC at ammo-one.com/00.html[/quote]

The 6x47 and 6.5x47 have both been kicking around Europe for a while. I’ve had examples of both in my collection for at least 18 months, probably longer.

Yes, as stated just hit the USA Retail Commercial Market. thank you,
Dave Call