New Forum Header2 - CARTRIDGE HOUND

In reviewing the last few months of posts to come up to speed I was please to see that you continue to lock up topics even if I am not participating.

Equal opportunity police action !

Nothing like a good muzzle to stimulate communication.

Ammunition is a-political. Politics just pulls the trigger.

The German clubs web site opened with a FRENCH cartridge until they were shamed into replacing it with a German one.

Why not VOTE on what should be on the header?

The .223 and 9mm seem to be the most international of cartridges at this time.

Here is my suggestion complements of the late Pete Bigler.

Too funny! That “Cartridge Hound” is awesome! I like that they seem to rotate heading pictures every so often :-)

CSAEOD is Baaaaack!

That sound that you hear is our Forum Moderator pulling his hair out.

As much as we disagree on most everything, it’s good to see you back Doc. But I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. ;) ;)

Ray

Seriously, Jason’s idea of rotating different ammo pics in the header is a good one. I do like seeing Russian ammo component names, words I’ve forgotten after 30 years. But I’d equally enjoy other ammo with their original language pointers - French, German, Indonesian, Malagasy, Laotian etc. If it ever materializes, could someone put the calibre next to the picture?

NOT “BACK” JUST VISITNG ON A WET AFTERNOON. I have been told that the forum is getting boring and have had several requests to revitalize the exchange. It is most likely too late as many of the Europeans who were active in the past no longer come on. They brought in a lot of new info but left due to registration requirements as I understand it. I look for new info not rehashed material and CONJECTURE. After 50 years in this game that wears thin.

You have added some spice to the pot and I hope that you keep it up. Although shooters seem to be the natural enemy of collectors they actually create rare cartridges by shooting up the original lot. Keep it up.

I bought a Winchester 11mm Comblain with raised headstamp at a show in Knoxville years ago it was the only one which the fellow had not shot in his rifle. He had the box and 19 fired cases. One live round left.

GOD BLESS GUYS LIKE THAT !

KEEP SHOTTING UP THAT RARE AMMO !

Rehashed information to some is new information to others. The Forum should be, and is, open to all information. It is not just there for some sort of elite among collectors, but also for the newest beginner who has no base of information at all. Having looked at dozens of other websites on guns and ammunition, I find most of them less than scholarly, or without any real content in the case of some of the European ammunition forums. The only really good general one I have found other than the IAA site is Muncion.Org.
There are several good ones that specialize, like one on Soviet ammo 12.7 and above, Italian ammo, etc. etc. If people are bored with the IAA Site, the best thing to do is not tune it to it, or to contribute something interesting to it themselves, besides “how much is it worth.”

Just my opinion.

I hope nobody is going to call me a European ! I’m British.

MY Bold

How do you know this ?

Which registration requirement in your opinion puts people off ?

Not in the opinion of the people that use and post here, if you had looked at the recent topics you’d see that your statement was untrue.

If you find a forum boring, then do something about it! ;-) The forum is made by YOU! (not a personal ‘you’)

Good idea to change the forum header every X months. I like the one with the dog! Is that DogAV? :-p

I hope you folks make up your minds. My understanding is that Brits are not Europeans .

Got static on this very site some time ago from Brits saying that they are Europeans.

???

[quote=“CSAEOD”]NOT “BACK” JUST VISITNG ON A WET AFTERNOON. I have been told that the forum is getting boring and have had several requests to revitalize the exchange. It is most likely too late as many of the Europeans who were active in the past no longer come on. They brought in a lot of new info but left due to registration requirements as I understand it. I look for new info not rehashed material and CONJECTURE. After 50 years in this game that wears thin.
[/quote]

Gee CSA, I’m so sorry that all us NEWBEE’S ask the same old boring questions.
Perhaps you would prefer that we take NO interest in the hobby? Heck, without the new blood trying to learn, you “experanced” guys could all sit around trading your stuff back and forth in an ever decreasing circle of collectors.
As far as your “rare & valuable” cartridges go, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay, and (again) without us “NEWBEE’S” getting into the hobby, any value in your collection will DECLINE over time, as the pool of potential buyers SHRINKS.

I hope you folks make up your minds. My understanding is that Brits are not Europeans .

Got static on this very site some time ago from Brits saying that they are Europeans.

???[/quote]

Britain is very much a part of the EU but nobody asked us whether we wanted to be. There is another thread running about EU laws, made behind closed doors, and their effects on cartridge collecting etc.

I would LOVE to go into detail about why I am a Brit and not a Euro but it would rightfully get deleted.

British, european, american, black, white, chinese, siux… the really importad for my is that all we are collector cartridges , is our hobby, and all we can to contribute wiht our knowledge, photos, etc my gratitude to all of them that every day to do this forum.

Jose

Well, at the risk of incurring further bombast, perhaps our newly returned “fellow”, for the sake of newbie and oldie alike, can refrain from stirring up the pot and stick to cartridge-related posts. The last year or so has been much less “confrontational”, and I hope it remains so. Let’s keep the posts relevant and welcoming for all. Nobody want to come to a site full of bickering, they can find that at home;)

Being a conservative it is good to see that nothing changes with you.

???[/quote]

Britain is very much a part of the EU but nobody asked us whether we wanted to be. There is another thread running about EU laws, made behind closed doors, and their effects on cartridge collecting etc.

I would LOVE to go into detail about why I am a Brit and not a Euro but it would rightfully get deleted.[/quote]

BRAVO!

[quote=“JohnMoss”]Rehashed information to some is new information to others. The Forum should be, and is, open to all information. It is not just there for some sort of elite among collectors, but also for the newest beginner who has no base of information at all. Having looked at dozens of other websites on guns and ammunition, I find most of them less than scholarly, or without any real content in the case of some of the European ammunition forums. The only really good general one I have found other than the IAA site is Muncion.Org.
There are several good ones that specialize, like one on Soviet ammo 12.7 and above, Italian ammo, etc. etc. If people are bored with the IAA Site, the best thing to do is not tune it to it, or to contribute something interesting to it themselves, besides “how much is it worth.”

Just my opinion.[/quote]

BRAVO !

BUT; without that elite leading the way ( this includes you) this would soon turn into nothing.

Count the number of folks who actually participate from that nearly 800 who are registered.

Followers need leaders more than leaders need followers.